JL Audio 2 AWG, 2 amp kit

Custom fiberglass and 3/4" MDF ported enclosure

Port goes under amprack and vents over sub

"Carbon look" black and pearl vinyl

Carpeted cover piece has vents for amp and sub

DSCF1412.thumb.jpg.34b33cfe358181fd40518cc6b655c89e.jpg

DSCF1413.thumb.jpg.84036dc29886a633f297f4e6b8ffceb2.jpg

DSCF1415.thumb.jpg.3b0d4ae4528891f10e52b547e3333bab.jpg

Sounds fantastic! Deep, rich bass and clear, loud mid/high.

Install was performed by a Master installer w/ 15 years experience. To bad he just got out of installing...he is good.

Nice set-up! :rolleyes:I love the sound of the Focals and JL. I've been trying to get the wife to sign off on an audio build in the wagon but it's still a no go as I'm spending all my cash on the engine/suspension

Yeah, the MDF cover has 3 square holes cut in it, with metal mesh inserts. It was then carpeted, so venting for sub and amps occur. It's still cool out here in CO, so it hasn't shut down yet.

This might be silly question, but I've always wondered this about spare-tire-well installs...

What you gonna do if a tire goes flat?

In my case - would this work with a full-size spare in the spare compartment, or did you just take out the spare tire all together?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Beautiful install, this is what I see as the perfect install for a Daily Legacy. Thanks for the pics will help me get things worked out when I get or do my own install.

If you get a flat most people who remove the spare will carry an electric pump and some leak stopper to allow them to get where they need to go. If you have a blowout or something worse like that then obviously tow or walk to get a new rim/tire lol.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! As for ditching the spare tire, I have roadside assist from AAA, car ins, extended warr, etc. If I take a road trip I'll just throw the spare and jack in the back.

• 2 years later...

Archived