LegacyGT.com

ALK, Anti-Lift Kit, what's the consensus?

I'm doing a suspension refresh on my LGT. Looking to see what I should do for bushings.

Has

• Epic springs
  • Koni yellows
  • Eibach front sway bar

Does not has

• Rear sway bar and brackets
  • Bushings

I don't want squeaks and creaks. I want quiet, but I want firm. If I can lube the poly bushings on the sway bars fine, but I don't want noisy suspension. It's my daily driver, but I want to have some fun with on-ramps and twisties.

Anyone have experiences they'd like to share? Or a thread you'd can point me to?

I'm more then happy with my epic/koni's and stock sway bar. It's not a race car, it's 11years old. How much money do you want to dump into the car.

I just had new replacement LCA's installed last week. Kept the bushings in that came in them. With the koni's set on a little off firm, that is little to no body roll.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Maybe I'll do baby steps then. Springs and struts first, then add sways if I'm not satisfied with the roll control later. Still need bushings though, especially front LCA rear bushings. Need ball joints too. Where did you get LCA assys?

You should have told me yesterday before I sent them back to AZP for a refund. If you call Rey at AZPinstalls.com he may be able just to sell them to you.

My old LCA's were so worn my trusted mechanic didn't trust pressing the new Whitelines into them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

From what you're describing, I would stay away from polyurethane. You may want to look into the "group N" OEM bushings. They're basically a slightly harder version of the bushings that come stock on the LGT/OBXT. Kind of a middle ground between stock and poly, and they wont squeak or rattle your interior apart. I believe we can get most of the front suspension bushings, but I'm not sure how much group N exists for the rear end. PM Underdog, he's sells OEM parts.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

White line KCA 334 aka anti lift kit is a massive upgrade. You do that along with a larger rear sway bar, reinforcing brackets, beefier end links, and a strut spring combo you'll be very satisfied with the improvements.

Thanks guys, this is great feedback. And to your original point Max, I just put about $10k into the engine rebuild, so I'm hoping to get another 3 years/40k-ish miles out of this pig. Then it's either a Levorg (if Subaru gets their head out of their ass) or used Cayenne, SQ5 or a mythical beast wagon.

Those that have the two Whiteline bushings in the LCAs, are they noisy in the cold?

WL LCAs are not noisy on my wagon in the cold. But - when I had them installed @ ~150kmi, noting it was during a very hot spell in July, the stock steering rack failed necessitating replacement...whether my (proven) bad luck or related to the LCAs...:iam:

I've had WL bushings in MA since 2008 without any noises. You will definitely feel the road through the floorboards with KCA334/W0506, for better and worse. To say it adds to the driving experience would be an understatement, in my opinion.

I do recommend greasing sway bar bushings at a minimum. I use SuperLube and Teflon tape on the bars (re grease every 6 months, re wrap every 12), and Whiteline bushing grease on all others whenever they are accessible. Pretty reasonable for the benefit I think.

I'll agree with no noise. I had WL front bushings and AVO in the rear position for many years. They were quiet until one of the rears finally begin to wear out, or the arms wore out and the bushing was slipping out of place, well over 100,000 miles later.

Whiteline KCA334 (rearward bushings only) didn't increase my NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) at all. Which made me really happy.

I've installed LCA forward facing poly bushings on my Nissan and it made the car too annoying for daily driving, this is why I stuck to rearward bushings only on the Legacy.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

hard to say how much the upgraded bushings affected NVH, as I put on c/o as the same time. Although, everything in the car is very stiff. Turn in is very quick. There will be more noise in the car over stock. However at the mileage these cars are getting to, you'll be hearing more noise from peices loosening up all over.

as always if you want a stock sound in the cabin, replacing oem with oem is a better bet.

GroupN is still an upgrade on bushing durometer. You might check with Energy Suspensions, as they were offering a slightly higher durometer than oem but not full "racer" like WL when I was looking a couple of years ago.

Boxkita makes a good point... You know that dash rattle. That one we all have, that there was a TSB for but it still rattles?

That will get much, much worse :)

As an immature college kid, though, IDGAF. I would slap some coils and the full shebang from Whiteline on my wagon any day. Hell, if I wasn't in the rust belt I'd have the Perrin version of the anti lift kit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

If you have a couple weeks, I plan to install Prothane LCA, steering rack and diff bushings on my car (along with a Group N trans mount, Kartboy trans mount bushings and those Beatrush solid bushings for....something. I forget. I'm old.)

Anyway, I have had good luck with Prothane on other cars, and I got the whole kit for $102.

Boxkita makes a good point... You know that dash rattle. That one we all have, that there was a TSB for but it still rattles?

That will get much, much worse :)

As an immature college kid, though, IDGAF. I would slap some coils and the full shebang from Whiteline on my wagon any day. Hell, if I wasn't in the rust belt I'd have the Perrin version of the anti lift kit too.

I believe the wl motorsport version is higher durameter than perrin. At some point, you give up on bushings and goto sperical joints and there is no compliance

I think he meant the Perrin PSRS which is a spherical-type.

Yes, pardon my ignorance! I tried to remember what the hell it was called off the top of my head... :)

Why no rear sway bar? That is usually the first suspension mod on the list.

Oooh yeah, totally forgot about that! Get a rear sway bar, and reinforcement brackets too if you can afford it.

Archived