LegacyGT.com

2008-2009 Headlights w/reflectors

PeterJMC

Does anyone have a pair of 2008-2009 headlights with reflectors that I could borrow to use only for a state vehicle inspection?

The vehicle that I'm bringing to MD does not have the side reflectors in the front headlights and the car may not pass MD state inspection.

I depending on when I can pick them up, and schedule time off work/schedule inspection... I think that I would only need them for a week. They would only be used for one day inside of that week and only for a few hours. They headlights would only be used for the purpose of passing state inspection.

LMK. Thanks!

fwiw, I had a car that passed without these here in MD. I even forgot they were missing. Previous owner took them out. YMMV though.

Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that it might get overlooked, we shall see in a few weeks.

Wow I never visit Mid-A forum but i did today and I just so happen to have an extra oem set.

It has eyebrows on it and it is a bit faded though....pretty sure it still lets enough light through to be able to pass inspection

I tried using meguiars headlight restore kit but didnt work so I just got new ones instead.

I have them laying around the house, you are more than welcome to borrow them. I live in Columbia, but I commute down to Arlington sometimes for work.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/IMAG6036_zpsol78jedu.jpg

Getting back into a Legacy??

Wow I never visit Mid-A forum but i did today and I just so happen to have an extra oem set.

It has eyebrows on it and it is a bit faded though....pretty sure it still lets enough light through to be able to pass inspection

I tried using meguiars headlight restore kit but didnt work so I just got new ones instead.

I have them laying around the house, you are more than welcome to borrow them. I live in Columbia, but I commute down to Arlington sometimes for work.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/imprezsing04/IMAG6036_zpsol78jedu.jpg

Getting back into a Legacy??

Awesome! I'll shoot you a PM.

• I Donated
^ Oh you're here :). How's the wrx behaving so far? Still no major or weird issues?

A bit over 12,000 miles. Got a CEL a month or so ago when I turned the car off, realized I wanted to crack the window, and the engine restarted without me cranking when I moved the key back to "on." Wouldn't be a problem if Subaru got their act together and put in retained accessory power!

Also had a few instances of hard starting (about 6 so far), and it sometimes bogs really badly if I don't give it enough throttle starting up from a stop. And the brake pads suck when you get them really heated up. Other than that, no problems.

So far, I know it's faster than a 2015 STI, and significantly faster (no contest) than a 350Z and a newer Genesis Coupe 2.0T (the one with the power bump). All on my closed-course drag strip, of course. :lol:

There is also significantly more interior room and trunk space than on the LGT, despite being 6" shorter. Power and handling are great -- better than my modded LGTs. It does get super hot inside right now. I need to get it tinted, upgrade the headunit, and get better brake pads, and I'm contemplating an AP once I get to 25,000 miles or so. Too bad my house is sucking up all my money!

Thanks for the update. Faster than a 2015 sti? wow. not bad. How is the oil consumption?

Man I think I should go test drive one. But at this point, if I can't pull LVs, monitor knocks and stuff, I'd be way paranoid.

SOA, Bring the Levorg with a manual trans!!! :mad:

Sorry PeterJMC for threadjacking..

• I Donated
Thanks for the update. Faster than a 2015 sti? wow. not bad. How is the oil consumption?

Man I think I should go test drive one. But at this point, if I can't pull LVs, monitor knocks and stuff, I'd be way paranoid.

Zero oil consumption at this point. Then again, my Spec.B didn't use oil either, except for a brief period before I replaced the PCV valve.

And honestly, I didn't monitor my Spec.B basically at all either. With that said, you can monitor that kind of thing with an AP on a 15-16 WRX.

The first test drive totally sold me on the car. The second one, 6 months later, was just to sell my wife on it. :p

• 4 weeks later...

Archived