LegacyGT.com

royal purple ?

bleh, i've been using RP since 10K miles. no issues. my techs have tested it out and run it vs MB1 and it does quite well. it's not super cheap, but my cost isn't that much more than MB1 anyways.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

If you really want to pay that much for a oil change use Amsoil;)

RP is simply pissing your $ away.....

You got that right RP is really bad!:lol: I have used amsoil for the last year and a half! If people only knew.Amsoil dont have to hype their products,thats why they been around 34 years.

Is amsoil motor oil pretty good?

I would lose ~1 qt. of Mobil 1 5w30 every 3,000 miles in my '04 STi. Then I switched to Amsoil (same weight), and the consumption nearly stopped. I've had the oil (Amsoil) analyzed, and it came back with good results. So, I've been running Amsoil in my cars since... :)

-Mike-

I'll only say this...

...of all the engine's we've replaced due to lack of lubrication issues, the majority used RP. We see a much lower fail rate with any other type of oil (synthetic or not).

i have a case of RP. perhaps later down the road i'll look into buying AMSOIL. just kinda hard to do that when i resell RP. i've been using it for about a year and half. change out my oil every 3000 miles. and generally my oil looks pretty damn clean still.

So far so good on RP. Again frequent changes per SOA spec.

I got lots of AMSOIL friends though.

Amsoil users.... are you running the single filter or a Bypass system?

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Purple, of course!:)

I saw a test on oil and Royal purple did not do so well in the heat soak test, FYI.

so...if i check the dipstick and run it through a napkin there should be some purple residue??

cause i am not seing that and if it supposed to be there then someone at the dealership stole my oil and put in gawd knows what.

If your not using Amsoil or Redline you guys should really give PP a look especially when you can pick up 5qts @ wallyworld for under 20bucks:):):)

I've heard nothing but good things about Motul but I have never tried it.......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

So far so good on RP. Again frequent changes per SOA spec.

I got lots of AMSOIL friends though.

Amsoil users.... are you running the single filter or a Bypass system?

I been using Amsoil sence 30k. Single filter Ea020. The biggest filter Amsoil list for my car. The Amsoil I use is Series 2000 0w-30 servere service. Change my oil\filter every 15k. I have 72k on my car now.

Oil history of my GT

New SOA filter & oil 4000 miles

1st. change till 30k, Mobil1 5w-30 every 6000 miles \ filter every 3000 miles

30k to pressent [72k] Amsoil 0w-30 series 2000 severe service synthetic oil & Amsoil EA0-020 oil filter every 15k.

This car has seen so far, 50 run down the drag strip & 100 miles round trip to work, and it's only 22 mos. old.

My GT has always used alittle oil. SOA oil; just under a 1\4 qt. in 4k

Mobil1 oil; just under a 1\2 gt. in 6k

Amsoil oil; just under a 3\4 gt.in 15k

I think the use of oil of one car over another of the same modle. Is do the + & - tolerances that manufactures use. Hight side tolerance, oil use. Low side tolerance, no oil use.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tso.aspx

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

so...if i check the dipstick and run it through a napkin there should be some purple residue??

cause i am not seing that and if it supposed to be there then someone at the dealership stole my oil and put in gawd knows what.

mine is not purple. looks pretty dark or black to me.

Honestly Subaru flat fours do really well with any oil at 3-4k intervals. Thats why I stick with Penzzoil Platinum (PP). Its cheap and the 5W30 literally flies off the shelves at Walmart. If I raced I would be all over Redline.

a recent bulletin from Subaru recommends oil rating ILSAC GF-4 or API SM beginning in 2006. For 2005 and prior ILSAC GF-3 or API SL was fine. I don't know what other people are running into, but in this area a lot these oils do meet the 2006 standard. But thanks for the input on RP.

Archived