LegacyGT.com

anyone tried michelin pilot sport a/s 3?

ace99635

I just upgraded to 18" wheels, and the reviews seemed to rank this tire highest in handling. Has anyone thrown this tire on their LGT? Any firsthand reviews? I'm just hoping this tire will be able to withstand the desert heat next summer.

I am a new guy here was into own American muscle but unless you want to pay really big bucks those old cars can not corner, my Legacy stone stock not a fast car - right now handles great on Nitto NeoGen's and really like the way they handle and are great in the rain - they also fit my budget!!!

If you have the funds (from what I've read, have not owned them yet but will next year)the MPS as+ is the best tire available I would assume the as3 would follow suit. If you can't or don't want to spend the money I like my Conti DWS just bumpthe PSI to 40/38.

Now use the search function you ***** ** ****. LOL just kidding.

yeah yeah, lol. they come with a monster manufac. warranty, just wondering if anyone is running them and experiencing heavy wear. honestly i'm running 3 diff tires and 2 bent rims until my new tires come in, so anything would be an upgrade lol.

I was curious if anyone was running these in the North East at the moment as these "seem" to be a perfect tire for our roads and weather patterns. While I've come to the conclusion I will need a set of dedicated winter tires due to me working in Worcester (highest snowfall in Ma), but I feel as though they may be a good spring/summer/fall tire. And with this being my first post, I'd like to say I'm happy to be here in a community with my fellow enthusiasts.

Studded would be nice but they're illegal on passenger vehicles up here unless the road is built on ice or is considered seasonal. but with the amount of driving I have to do I would like to have something that would be able to take light snow and then switch to blizzaks for shtf so I don't ruin them so fast.

Do you have to drive in the worst weather?

If Worcester gets ice event then only studded or studless with their magic compound works - magic compounds wear fast on dry and even faster on dry and warm.

When I am buying tires for winter in New England I am buying performance winter tires.

Krzys

• 5 months later...

Older thread but I am bumping this because I am looking for something similar to SubeEJ255. I live in PA but drive to Vermont skiing alot in the winter, also have to be in work in any conditions (medical field) I have Pilot Alpin PA3 tires on my winter rim setup, and have been using the stock summer RE050A Brigestone summer tires on my 5th gen. The PA3s have been perfect here, while not a true hardcore snow/ice tire, they are excellent for the majority of my winter driving, which is cold dry pavement. And they are still more than adequate for driving in the snow in Vermont and in our record setting Philly snowfall winter this past year.

The problem I always run into is the shoulder season. While we dont get a ton of early snow, the past few years we have had early/mid november snow. This is often followed by 70+ degree days. Now in April, the same problem can happen. Last year we had an 80 degree day, but then I will go to vermont and its below freezing and there can be snow or sleet. So figuring out when to change wheels becomes a huge hassle. What I am considering is keeping the winter tires, but replacing the summer tires with a performance all season that doesn't need to be all that snow capable, but needs to not be a deathtrap for the early/late season dusting to 2 inch snowfall that we get from time to time in the late fall and early spring. But obviously since the majority of driving will be on warm pavement, I dont want to give up a ton of performance to a dedicated summer tire. This car is a daily driver and not a track car. Given all these factors, does the Pilot Sport A/S 3 make sense instead of a Pilot Super Sport or similar?

I am keeping winter tires a little longer and not going with AS.

Krzys

That's what I've done in the past but then driving on winter tires for nearly 6 months kind of sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am keeping winter tires a little longer and not going with AS.

Krzys

That's what I've done in the past but then driving on winter tires for nearly 6 months kind of sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds....

I had the M3s on my VW through the summer one year when I couldn't afford new summer tires to replace the bald ones.... I decided they were actually better than many cheap summer tires.... So just get a Winter Sport tire and you'll be fine running them through the Early/Late Winter. (Only issue is they'll wear faster in the warmer temps - so they may not last more than 3/4 seasons)

And FYI - they are actually a decent Snow Tire as well.

Yeah thats kind of my situation now with the Pilot Alpin PA3, which is also a performance winter sport tire versus a true snow. Just wanted to see what I would be giving up and / or to see if it would be worth it to get the A/S 3 vs say a Pilot Super Sport to shorten the time I am on the PA3s

Archived