LegacyGT.com

Nine speakers? I count 7.

Murphdaddy

I have an 09 lgt with the harmon-kardon sound system. On the window sticker it says that it is a 9 speaker system, yet I only count 7. 1 speaker and 1 tweeter in the front doors that makes 4, 1 in each of the back doors 6, and the sub in back makes 7. Where are the other 2 located?

that is more for marketing this so-so system - it technically is a 7 speaker system but the tweeters in the door are mounted down below - if you look at it in the sunlight you'll see...it is quite misleading and I have to say, I am not impressed with it much - at highway speed and turning it up so I could hear, it blew the subwoofer out at 0 bass setting (I never turn the bass past 3)...I am looking for a replacement woofer for the back deck - Pioneer and Dynaudio make one that would fit...

The Legacy/Outback speaker numbers I understand.

It's my wife's 09 Impreza Hatch that I don't understand. 10 speaker system... where? I count 8 (doors + tweeters).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

it's all marketing BS...again, not really impressed with the level of sound that the system produces - it also is supposed to have speed sensitive volume - I'm not sure about anyone else, but my system certainly doesn't have it - same volume no matter what and no option to adjust like other cars have......what a waste- Hopefully they address this in the new fugly 2010 series....which I have seen, and FYI the 2010s actually got a REAL subwoofer driver, not a flat pancake POS like we have! Much better sound from the '10.

also doesn't help much that the bass can be turned up loud but the doors rattle, the dome light rattles, etc....

I sat in ahd turned up the volume in the 2010s, and it is 9 speakers, with SOA putting midranges up in the dash by the A-pillar and a subwoofer in the rear deck. I must say that it just does not compare to the 08-09 system. It just blows it out of its league.

...and FYI the 2010s actually got a REAL subwoofer driver, not a flat pancake POS like we have! Much better sound from the '10.

Anything we can retrofit?

The sound in my 09 OBXT is far superior to the 09OB2.5iSE I had. Seems odd since it is essentially the exact same system.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I sat in ahd turned up the volume in the 2010s, and it is 9 speakers, with SOA putting midranges up in the dash by the A-pillar and a subwoofer in the rear deck. I must say that it just does not compare to the 08-09 system. It just blows it out of its league.

I 100% agree with that! If we could swap out it would be an awesome system - go figure it took them a year to work out the kinks with it - oh well...

On an unrelated note, did you know that the 09 sedans with the HK system actually has TWO Sub outputs? The amp is the same as the one in the Outback, which has a Dual Voicecoil Subwoofer, but the Leggy only has a single - thus there is an unused set of sub outputs......second sub, anyone? :-)

• 3 months later...
I have an 09 lgt with the harmon-kardon sound system. On the window sticker it says that it is a 9 speaker system, yet I only count 7. 1 speaker and 1 tweeter in the front doors that makes 4, 1 in each of the back doors 6, and the sub in back makes 7. Where are the other 2 located?

look closer to the back door has tweeter and woofer too.

Archived