LegacyGT.com

Will legacy GT catback fit legacy 2.5i??

It shouldnt.....the downpipe location and the manifold location of the 2 are different. I mean any exhaust shop can put it on with some modification, but to say they bolt right up.....no

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

Catbacks will kind of bolt on, though you will need an adapter made as they are a bit shorter than the 2.5i exhaust.

Axlebacks on the other hand will bolt on without any problem.

Although many catbacks for the GT are 2.5" or 3", and 3" is a bit overkill for our setups, you may want to keep the stock midpipe, or get a 2.5" midpipe fabbed.

Why bother. Just take the mufflers off and see what it sounds like. I drove around for 5 months last year with no mufflers.

Then I went catless, it got to loud, I put the stock mufflers back on and left the gaskets out. Car sounds great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I dont think there are many axle-back systems that exist anymore. COBB and Perrin discontinued theirs. There's AVO, which I run and love them to death, but I got them used and they're pricey when new. Keep your eyes peeled in the Members Classifieds.

If buying new, you're better off buying a pair of universal mufflers from Magnaflow and getting an exhaust shop to weld them on if cost is a concern and you just want some noise.

• 2 years later...
The Borla CBE is 2.5" and would be a good fit on our 2.5i: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIG9VO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000CIG9VO&linkCode=as2&tag=ft5-20]Borla 140123 Cat-Back Exhaust System[/ame]http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=ft5-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000CIG9VO

I noticed the Borla cat back via Andy's Auto since my car club has a sponsorship with them but I don't want to sacrifice the little bit of power I do have for a sound. Think I am just going to go the HKS or Skunk2 muffler route on this. Keep a bit of power less noise and will look pretty good over all once the car is slammed and tucked. Thanks for the info and knowledge everyone who's gotten back to me I appreciate it.

The perks of being sponsored is just simple 5-10% discounts on parts. My club is also sponsored by Nopi but with them we have to be at any Nopi event within the state or region if possible. I think you are right about the HKS mufflers being too fat considering.

To get sponsored all you have to do is call the organization and ask to have your club sponsored and you can go from there.

Archived