LegacyGT.com

from my experience, at least with my GT, is that cams dont really add so much power, but rather keep power flowing consistently at higher rpms. Again this is only what I know of the turbo engines, I have no idea what it would do on n/a

I was told to go with tech works any idea on what kind of numbers i should get by adding cams. car has headers, full exhaust 2.5 inch, intake, piggyback

with a good tune, you could see 200 peak crank hp. So maybe 150-160 whp. your actual 0-60 acceleration may not improve that much since you have the 4eat trans. So along with our tune, maybe you can find someone to remap the shift paterns to get my better accel.

my friend has an S4 and he got a chip to change the triptronic shift time from 1 sec to .02 sec. does subaru have any thing like that out. i don't think so but just asking.

I'd try to get in contact with diferent tuners to see if this is possible for the 4eat.

If you search the forums theres a company....i believe IPT that will take your valve body and work to give faster firmer shifts. Ive seen a few 5eat people do it and they LOVE the results. Say its night and day. You and i have the same setup and probably will have the same mods. The only difference is mine will all be TWE, and im upping the compression. I dont post on here too much been working a lot but my build is pretty secretive and i dont wish to release the specs of anything. Best of luck to ya!

How can the AVLS know what the profile is on aftermarket cams? Wouldn't it be adjusting knowing the OEM cams?

I would think that is why you would need a piggyback ECU, so you can adjust the activation of the AVLS to get the most out of the aftermarket cams. If the new cams are geared toward a higher rpm band, then the AVLS should be shifted appropriately. Of course you could likely degree the cams at install to select where in the power range falls (i.e.- advance or retard the cam timing).

• 2 months later...
my friend has an S4 and he got a chip to change the triptronic shift time from 1 sec to .02 sec. does subaru have any thing like that out. i don't think so but just asking.

That would make the 2.5i a MUCH better car. The 4EAT is the weakest point of the car, IMO.

1 sec down to maybe .5........ but not .02

that's faster than an smg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived