LegacyGT.com

Best STI pink springs for spec.B

mad99

Finished installing the new STi Pinks on my '08 this morning. Just snapped a few pictures after getting back from testing out the new setup.

I have to say that the improvement to handling is outstanding. This is the way the car should have been out of the factory. It did drop the height which is much welcomed so that now the car doesn't look or ride with an wheel gap that looks like it is from an outback.

I have to totally recommend making the switch to Pinks over stockers. Would never go back. The part numbers I used are listed in a few posts back if anyone is interested.

Been looking for something to help with all the roll/dive/squat issues I have with this car (cobb sways en route), those pics of your car :wub: (I have an 08 spec.b as well) just sealed the Pinks over the Ralliteks for me, now to come up with the extra dough.. :spin:

Wondering this myself, I'll be putting a system in this weekend, asking if I would be better off getting GT sedan pinks up front and GT wagon pinks out back (ST2033021010+ ST2038021010) to offset the additional weight from the amps/sub/dynamat etc, instead of GT sedan (ST2033021010+ ST2038021000) all the way around. Also has anybody put these on without doing the bumpstop mod, hows the ride? Edited by brock sampson

Sorry, the install was really straight forward and I didn't take any pics. I'm sure if you look around on the site you can find a general walkthrough for a spring install. Like I said it was straight forward and not difficult at all. The only hard point was busting some of the bolts loose.

As for using the wagon springs in the back, I don't have anything extra in my trunk but I do know that the JDM wagon springs are set to handle the extra weight (around 50lbs) of the wagon rear end. So with that being said, if you think you got around 50lbs of extra weight in the back end it makes sense to use those I would think. Just my two cents, never seen anyone who has actually put the wagon rears on a sedan.

Finished installing the new STi Pinks on my '08 this morning. Just snapped a few pictures after getting back from testing out the new setup.

I have to say that the improvement to handling is outstanding. This is the way the car should have been out of the factory. It did drop the height which is much welcomed so that now the car doesn't look or ride with an wheel gap that looks like it is from an outback.

I have to totally recommend making the switch to Pinks over stockers. Would never go back. The part numbers I used are listed in a few posts back if anyone is interested.

Are you still running the stock struts? or did you switch to JDM's? Also with the Prodrive's what tires do you have on them? Any rubbing?

I am still running the stock USDM GT Spec. B Struts. The USDM Spec B struts are actually the exact same struts as the JDM GT Rev. C struts so they matched the JDM GT Pinks I got perfectly. Same fit as would be on a JDM GT.

I am running 235/40/18 on the Prodrives with no problems rubbing at all.

I am still running the stock USDM GT Spec. B Struts. The USDM Spec B struts are actually the exact same struts as the JDM GT Rev. C struts so they matched the JDM GT Pinks I got perfectly. Same fit as would be on a JDM GT.

I am running 235/40/18 on the Prodrives with no problems rubbing at all.

I think i might have to steal your set-up, if that's ok. Looks amazing :wub:.

• 3 months later...

I purchased some pinks and USDM Bilstein Struts recently. The rear springs (ST2038021010) mounted to the struts perfectly. However, when I removed the front stock springs from the strut, the USDM spec B springs had a much larger free length than my STi Pinks (ST2033021020 for a GT-B Sedan Manual). I wanted the ST2033021020 springs to drop the front end more than the recommended spring (ST2038021010 - GT Wagon Auto and Manual.) on my '05 wagon, but the free length of the spring seems way too low.

I was wondering how much the free length on the ST2038021010 spring compared to the ST2033021020 spring. I've included pics of the ST2033021020 next to the USDM Spec B spring for comparison. Should I continue with this spring or go with the ST2038021010 spring? Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72/eorbeta/IMG_4194.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72/eorbeta/IMG_4193.jpg

Edited by atwood

I dont know much but i am under the impression, from what i have read here, that the STi Spec B Springs are paired to different struts than our USDM ones. The standard Jap GT has struts like our USDM and we shoudl pick the front springs to match those.

Regarding the spring lengths in the photos above, the difference is surprising. It's at least conceivable that the pink springs are that much shorter because they are somewhat stiffer and lower the ride height slightly.

I ordered these for my spec B, but haven't installed them yet:

Front P/N: ST2033021010 Free length: 9 3/16 inch

Rear P/N: ST2038021010 Free length: 11 1/2 inch

ANYONE know of a good suspension and alignment shop in Madison, WI?

Interesting, I was skeptical since the free length differences were huge between the pinks and the USDM spec B springs as shown. I was on a hunt for the ST2033021010, but it seems the free length is approx to the ST2033021020 spring. I'll move forward with the sprinGs I have, and keep the folks here updated on the outcome. Also, do I need JDM top hats to go with STi Pinks, or can I use the USDM Spec B top hats? Thanks!

I should prob chime in here.

I'm going to preface this with the fact that a friend of mine went to Japan before I got my car and I told him to bring me back some parts long before I ever knew what I (really) wanted.

My setup is:

(Front Pinks) ST2033021010

(Rear Pinks) ST2038021000

Stock USDM Spec.B Bilsteins

(Winter Setup) Stock Spec.B rim on Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's 225/40/18

(Summer Setup) Volk GT-V 18x8 +46 on Dunlop Z1 Star Spec 225/45/18

Albeit slightly, I do rub in the rear on both wheel setups, more on the Volks obviously. I've since banned passengers from sitting in the back and took out the spare. :rolleyes:

Pics for reference...

Winter Setup:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/3237641498_424b187643_b.jpg

Parked On Pinks (Summer Setup):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3564/3477879841_7445d7775b_o.jpg

Rolling on Pinks (Summer Setup):

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/3548920449_08b1a7f2cc_o.jpg

Edited by EquinnoxX
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

My pink springs arrived from Japanparts a week or so ago. Ordered the wagon MT springs front and back

Front: ST2033021010

Rear: ST2038021010

Two orange paint dabs on each spring. I know they sometimes mess up orders for these, so can anyone confirm that the orange paint dabs match up with these part numbers?

I'll be posting before and after pics, so it would be good to have accurate part numbers in the post for anyone interested in installing pink springs sometime in the future.

Finished installing last night. Front fenders went from a 4 finger gap to 2 finger gap. Rear fenders weren't really affected. Something like 2 finger gap to just a bit less than 2, maybe 1.5 finger gap. Pretty happy with it! Getting an alignment today, then hopefully getting some pictures soon

Here are the before and after pictures:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/165590_10100367942023155_12437060_61506737_3832362_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/217047_10100641985537755_12437060_63282356_7024018_n.jpg

Edit: More pictures here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3360953&postcount=20

Edited by Paul1017