LegacyGT.com

Sunroof won't close

Ok, so I bought my second Subaru. a 98 Legacy GT Limited.

I got a great deal but one problem was with the sunroof, it will not close 100%.

I can open the sunroof but when you try to close you can hear the mechanism work but it does not pull in the sunroof to close! I can physically push the sunroof closed until it hits the point where I released the close button as if it has reached the point of travel on the drive.

Holding the button closed and pushing the sunroof at the same time will close it but it will not lift to make a seal.

Has someone experieinced this problem? Am I looking at a broken component? If so is this something that I can repair?

Thanks,

• I Donated

Something is broken. Sunroofs are not too hard to repair...You just have to take down the headliner on the inside of the car to get to everything.

google search "dr sunroof" or something like that. I don't remember what they are called, but there is a webpage out there that sells kits to rebuild all of it for a reasonable price.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived