LegacyGT.com

turbo timer needed

Guys, i'm not even close to stock. I know the coolant header tank is subaru's solution for negating turbo heat after hard running. I don't have one of those anymore...

566034_607972293002_1015386077_n.jpg?oh=6d9a48aea296d64c8058cb028535d00f&oe=510C38AF&__gda__=1359806342_bdacc02c4b3b96a793f2a7d1b131f345

534027_603571562102_325435616_n.jpg

don't mind the header tank chilling in this pic, it's not going back on...

For you, just let the car idle for a short time before you shut it off after driving it hard.

Use your head.

You'll be fine. You know how much it cost so far....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

For you, just let the car idle for a short time before you shut it off after driving it hard.

Use your head.

You'll be fine. You know how much it cost so far....

yeah, I know I can do that. And that's it's free and very easy to do. I'm looking to use it when I get to school and have to run into class or many other situations where it's not very practical to sit in the car while it idles for a few minutes. it looks like there are Two plug n play harnesses for subaru's, one for 02-07 impreza's and one for 08+ impreza's. I know there aren't too many on here running coolantless turbo's, but i was hoping that someone had done this before and knew that something worked for sure. (I know the easy thing to say is just leave with enough extra time... yeah yeah yeah)

Is that a GTX35 with a 1.08 compressor and .90 turbine? Or is it just my eyes deceiving me?

Either way, you still don't really need a turbo timer. An oil temp gauge would be a better investment. Just cruise at low-load until oil temps fall into line a bit.

If you HAD to get a turbo timer, I'd opt to replace the keyless entry system with one that included remote start and had a built in Turbo Timer. I know the Matrix 3 I had back in the day had those features if I'd wanted to enable them, I'm sure most new ones have it too.

Edit: You posted before my reply. I know your situation. I'd look into the remote start kits that have TT's built in. There are some (Viper SmartStart) that let you control things from your phone.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Is that a GTX35 with a 1.08 compressor and .90 turbine? Or is it just my eyes deceiving me?

Either way, you still don't really need a turbo timer. An oil temp gauge would be a better investment. Just cruise at low-load until oil temps fall into line a bit.

If you HAD to get a turbo timer, I'd opt to replace the keyless entry system with one that included remote start and had a built in Turbo Timer. I know the Matrix 3 I had back in the day had those features if I'd wanted to enable them, I'm sure most new ones have it too.

they are deceiving you, it's Borg Warner s256 extended tip with a .76 AR running t3 twinscroll (61lb/min) I have the STi gauge pack and do keep a close eye on oil temps, 215c was the highest i was seeing before, i'm sure it will be higher now however. and oil cooler is in the works, but won't be happening until the summer most likely.

i'm looking at the ARK Designs and the Blitz FATT, but i haven't been able to pin down if the plug n play harnesses will work with the LGT platform. If i had to guess, i would assume that the 08+ Impreza kit would work

Maybe I should be wearing my glasses, then.

Why bother with plug-n-play? Just wire one into the stock wiring. It's not difficult.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived