LegacyGT.com

vibrations? jerking?

Hello eveyone i recently just bought a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i special edition with 38000 miles on it and within the fist month i was expieriencing transmission slipping, weird vibrations (drive train?) and ramdom loss of power while accelerating.... i bought it in to the dealer and they told me it was a bad torque converter..so now i haver about 50 miles on the new torque converter and the transmission slip seems to have gone away but sometimes the car gives a really strong jerk when i try to accelerate (especially when the car is already in fluid motion.. like going 15-25 mph).. I also still expierience weird vibrations coming into the cabin when driving down uneven roads... anyone have any ideas :\

Not sure if I can be of much technical help, but are you sure the previous owner didn't leave a parting gift in the seat?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Techo_Rabbit.jpg/220px-Techo_Rabbit.jpg

I have had the same issues as well about 55,000 miles I am currently now it's 78,000. I took mine to the subie dealer early on twice and they could never recreate the problem they said nothing was wrong. now it's really bad and I thought somewhere after doing some reading that it is a throttle control module or transmission control module. But apparently subaru knows about this??! can anyone confirm by taking it in to the dealership and doing it as a factory repair or how much it cost out of pocket?

I also experienced the same thing! I cleared memorys 2 in the computer and relearned the trans, it seemed to get better, the slipping issue in between gears. Be sure your transfluid is clean, if not id perform some kind of transflush service.

• 2 weeks later...
my bills have been screaming for a good month or so now and I found out why today. power steering wheel lights on the dash cam on I pulled over open hood in there shredded belt

If your bills are screaming, pay them. What is a power steering wheel light, and why do you have some on your dash cam?

• 3 weeks later...
Apologies, the text was posted while phone was in a talk to text format and i obviously did not proofread before i posted. Actually, my bills are always screaming at me, exactly as you stated too, to pay them. Damn bills! Was getting squealing from belt for a few weeks and noticed some spent, random specks of what appeared to be burnt rubber. Belt eventually shredded. Replaced belt and now some odd month later, steering column is making chatter and squeaking. Would it be safe to assume power steering pump is going as PS reservoir appears to be full? And to reiterate the original issue, transmission shudder, shifting issue continues and is seemingly getting worse with time. Ya think Subaru will assist if in fact this issue was discovered AND documented when car was still under factory warranty??!!

Archived