LegacyGT.com

crutchfield is great

lgkahn

bought a new navigation kenwood headunit etc. from them and the guy said it has rca in to hook up my aux and sold me a 20.00 monster cable.. turns out it actuall has 3.5 mm in and i need the kenwood cable (although the monster may work in reverse but has the wrong rca jacks. .ie male vs female) anyway ordered the correct cable and some speakers later.

Called up to complain today and get a label and return for credit.. hey 20. is 20 when i am spending tons on mods. Anyway they just credited my account and said keep the cable.. pretty cool.

Crutchfield = expensive. Glad you had a good experience, but HookedOnTronics, SonicEletronix and Amazon are all wayyyyyyy cheaper :D

Until you run into an issue like the OP had. Good customer service costs money, but it can be worth paying.

also they include install instructions and extra cables and stuff you usually need that normally cost extra.. yes they are a little more but not terribly more i checked around fo rthe stuff i bought.

I love crutchfield for car audio stuff. I thought I had a problem with a head unit I bought from them, so they overnighted another one. Turned out the problem was in my iPhone, crummy bluetooth implementation.

Crutchfield had even included a free return shipping label. I sent the 2nd deck back unused.

Amazon would have saved me about $12 for the original stereo. But I don't think the amazon sellers would have offered an immediate replacement, or paid for the return shipping, so I would have wound up paying more. The instructions & cables are a nice touch, too.

As much as I like buying decks & gear from them, cables & connectors seem to be ridiculously overpriced. If you aren't buying that sort of thing from monoprice, you're probably paying too much.

Crutchfield = expensive. Glad you had a good experience, but HookedOnTronics, SonicEletronix and Amazon are all wayyyyyyy cheaper :D

They are good for some things though, my HU was the same price everywhere, even Crutchfield, but the diff was that Crutch included all the cables and mounting kit for free, so for this they were the best deal. My speakers, however...way cheaper on Amazon.

If crutchfield is within reason of the others I will go with them every time. They really do stand by their products. Sonic however is also a fantastic company. Had many dealings with them and they are usually the best price around. If you don't count some shady Internet dealer on eBay.

I've had outstanding experiences with Crutchfield. Sure they're not always the cheapest place, but it's tough to beat their customer service. Have bought countless things there over my 25 years of driving and never had a bad experience that they didn't fix IMMEDIATELY.

Only thing IMHO that sucks about Crutchfield is their lack of adapter knowledge. They send the wrong speaker adapters for Subaru orders, IME. And they completely forgot an antenna adapter for my friend's Forrester order.

Phenryl1 should sell them brackets too, because their speaker adapters don't work.

If you get had on the pricing that's your own fault. Sometimes they have great deals.

I just purchased the Clarion CX501 from Crutchfield for $219 shipped. Amazon sells it for $199. But Crutchfield included for FREE:

• Scosche SU2025B 2005-Up Subaru Legacy/Outback Double DIN With Pocket ($29.99 at Amazon)
  • Subaru antenna adapter ($7.95 at Amazon)
  • Subaru Wiring harness ($7.04 at Amazon)

That's why I always go with Crutchfield. The unit itself might be slightly more expensive, but the extras and costumer support make it worthwhile.

Only thing IMHO that sucks about Crutchfield is their lack of adapter knowledge. They send the wrong speaker adapters for Subaru orders, IME. And they completely forgot an antenna adapter for my friend's Forrester order.

Phenryl1 should sell them brackets too, because their speaker adapters don't work.

If you get had on the pricing that's your own fault. Sometimes they have great deals.

I have to sell quietly on the Forester Forum. $100/month vendor fees- no negotiating. Same on NASIOC and a lot of other sites.

I'd make a 1-time donation (like I did here) or pay a reasonable monthly sale fee to be allowed to have 1 vendor thread on the site, but they have an all-or-nothing $100 policy. And a minimum time committment. I offered a reduced monthly payment for a single thread or a larger 1-time donation but it got me nowhere.

I don't MAKE $100/month on spacers some months, and if I did, I don't have the time to keep up with a volume of orders that would justify paying $100/month on all of the Subaru forums. NASIOC, Forester forums, outback forums, STi forums...it would add up QUICK. I have to rely on word of mouth and my homepage/how-to page to generate interest on the other forums.

Thank God that lgt.com made me a homebrew vendor. I had already donated to the site in the past, so that may have helped my cause.

I just purchased the Clarion CX501 from Crutchfield for $219 shipped. Amazon sells it for $199. But Crutchfield included for FREE:

• Scosche SU2025B 2005-Up Subaru Legacy/Outback Double DIN With Pocket ($29.99 at Amazon)
  • Subaru antenna adapter ($7.95 at Amazon)
  • Subaru Wiring harness ($7.04 at Amazon)

That's why I always go with Crutchfield. The unit itself might be slightly more expensive, but the extras and costumer support make it worthwhile.

Keep us updated on what you think. I've been looking at that exact HU.

I have to sell quietly on the Forester Forum. $100/month vendor fees- no negotiating. Same on NASIOC and a lot of other sites.

I'd make a 1-time donation (like I did here) or pay a reasonable monthly sale fee to be allowed to have 1 vendor thread on the site, but they have an all-or-nothing $100 policy. And a minimum time committment. I offered a reduced monthly payment for a single thread or a larger 1-time donation but it got me nowhere.

I don't MAKE $100/month on spacers some months, and if I did, I don't have the time to keep up with a volume of orders that would justify paying $100/month on all of the Subaru forums. NASIOC, Forester forums, outback forums, STi forums...it would add up QUICK. I have to rely on word of mouth and my homepage/how-to page to generate interest on the other forums.

Thank God that lgt.com made me a homebrew vendor. I had already donated to the site in the past, so that may have helped my cause.

I meant sell your brackets to Crutchfield. Because the generic shit they have doesn't even line up to the door bolt holes.

I meant sell your brackets to Crutchfield. Because the generic shit they have doesn't even line up to the door bolt holes.

:lol:

Yeah, now that you mention it, I read your comment that way.

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived