LegacyGT.com

Seafoaming

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest using the BPV hose. Have someone help you out by stepping on the gas to rev the car up as you do it, otherwise you are stuck trying to maneuver the throttle, not flood the engine, or spill the stuff all at the same time.

I used to do this to my DSM's all the time. Just make sure that you change the plugs and the oil afterwards if you run it through the intake. I would also want to make sure that you are running it through the throttle body and not straight into the intake mani, to ensure even disbursment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think the intent of the gas tank fill is to help clean out the fuel system and injectors. The BPV/vacuum line would be for cleaning the head/cylinders.

If someone has a picture of the engine bay and what to disconnect in order to add SeaFeam that would be great.

• 1 month later...
is it the same procedure if I have a grimmspeed AOS? any better of photo available? Use to use seafoam on my last car worked wonders. always heard mixed views of running it on turbo motors cause the shit that burns up then spins through the turbo a bit.

• 2 months later...
Another thread on this forum talks about Seafoaming through the PCV valve because the brake booster hose only goes into 1 cylinder... not sure what I should do here. Don't want to ruin the car but I have a pretty rough idle (whole car shakes) and not the smoothest acceleration in the world. 105k miles, really want to clean it up...

Another thread on this forum talks about Seafoaming through the PCV valve because the brake booster hose only goes into 1 cylinder... not sure what I should do here. Don't want to ruin the car but I have a pretty rough idle (whole car shakes) and not the smoothest acceleration in the world. 105k miles, really want to clean it up...

I believe the consensus is to use the BPV hose.

Don't forget to get your timing belt changed if you haven't already done so :) You may also want to look at injectors, spark plugs, and mounts for the roughness.

Archived