LegacyGT.com

ERZ/CNT downpipe fitment and customer service

vanjames

After I went through reviews about downpipe.

Then I bought ERZ/CNT DP from Josh Import Image Racing about one month ago.

I was happy about the fast shipping from ERZ/CNT.

Went to local shop(they work on lots of Subaru) here in Vancouver BC on Saturday to get coilovers,uppipe and downpipe install.

Then found out the downpipe fitment is way off.

So I had to ask guys who worked on my car to put stock dp back,it went in nicely and perfect of course but they had to use two new gaskets that I also bought from IIR.

I sent an email to Josh at first moment but no reply yet,that's fine.

Then I went home found the order number from paypal then email to IIR's sales department (Frankie).

After 2 days emails with IIR Frankie,ERZ/CNT wants me to ship the DP back to them for inspection then they they will tell me what's next.

After that I decide to write something about my feeling.

1.seems like ERZ/CNT doesn't believe their product is off.

2.I know they will not cover my lost of labor.that's fine too and I just want Frankie to send me another two new gaskets so far had no words from him.

I believe everybody wants their aftermarket parts install once.

I am ok to send the DP back to ERZ but at the same time they should send me another new one.

INSPECTION!sounds like they don't trust me at all and I even gave the phone number and the name of the shop I went for installation to Frankie and they can ask the owner of that shop who also worked on my car that day. I can not believe for an item around 400 bucks and this is their service.

1178416974_.thumb.jpg.0fea78671980a5129a14f57220f497d8.jpg

Sorry about your misfortune. I would just take this as lesson learned.. Do not buy from IIR. They are the worst with customer service and only care about "selling at the cheapest prices". Instead, support a forum vendor like m sprank @ Infamous Performance, Underdog, or AZP Installs for performance part needs.

At this point I don't want to say who has best/worst customer service.

I just want either IIR or CNT to send me a new one quick or simple return my money,I really don't like today's email from IIR Frankie "send back for inspection,see what they say"

And about IIR, they should simple send me two new gaskets or money back.

I thought the inspection should be done when they finish their products.

Shit happens,I understand, I lost the cost of labor already and now I have to wait for their inspection.

Few years ago I bought SS brake lines from one of vendor and found they leaked and I emailed back to them, "no questions ask and sent me a new set next day.

It definitely hurts losing the cost of labor - totally understandable. Just trust me to never rely on IIR for customer service, which is all I have to say. I never had to deal with CNT directly regarding issues. I had their downpipe and it fit flawlessly, but your findings may vary with something made in China.

FYI - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/erz-catted-dp-123064p37.html

For the past year or two, they dont fit well. Cat is about 2 inches from the CV. Expect to be replacing the passenger side axle shortly. Boot will dry out and tear.

They are Invidia knock-offs. For the original price they were a good buy. But since then they have changed factories so fit and finish is not the same. Price has also almost doubled. Then after long term testing we found the cats were failing fast.

Like many things in life... you get what you pay for.

I dont have much experience with the V2 TurboXS. But it is probably (currently) the cheapest "major" name brand pipe available right now. The V1 down pipe hung too low and would hit the ground.

We sell and install far more Invidia than anything else currently. If you have a 5EAT you have even less options. Invidia and Cobb are the major offerings for the 5EAT.

I have heard "rumors" that KillerB, GrimmSpeed and a few others were going to throw their hat in to the down pipe "ring". Grimmspeed tried last year with a 02-06 WRX pipe. FAIL. Great pipe, but priced so high no one purchased and in the end they had to "whore" them out to get rid of them. That might have proven to the other major manufacturers that there was no market for quality anymore (and be why GS never came out with the other down pipes they promised when they released the first one).

You may want to consider taking this chance to go with a higher quality DP like an Invidia or Cobb or TurboXS, if IIR will refund your money.

I learned my lesson and will not buy anything from IIR. All they care about is slinging shitty parts and making money. I also don't buy cheap knock off parts (never really bought many in the first place) anymore. I would rather save up or find a quality second hand part.

This is Thomas from ERZ/CNT. I would like explain on behalf that what "we" had done already in your particular situation. Frankie contact us on the 11th about your problem and without any doubt we immediately emailed Frankie a prepaid shipping label which he can forward it to you. We told Frankie that customer can choose for a replacement or a refund can be given as well. Of course if there was money involve we will refund IIR and they will refund you on their end. That's pretty much everything that I had known so far. He didn't follow up with any email? I'm not sure if he even respond to you or send you the shipping label? We're not IIR and we don't want to speak on their behalf. But we feel as if we already done our best to provide our customer the easiest and quickest way to resolve the problem. If you want a replacement, we're more than happy to deal with you directly to speed this process up. Or, if you're simply just looking for a refund, we can still email you the prepaid shipping label but as far as the refund goes you will have to get that from IIR.

So you can reach us at 800-363-8599 and ask for Thomas. We're M - F 9:30 to 5:00 PCT.

Thank you

I am not here to blame anybody if you read my posts in the front,I just hope either IIR or ERZ can response quick enough and trust customers.

I just feel a small item took two days to make a decision for me to send it back.

You are correct that Frankie did send me the return shipping label and I did tell him I will send this item back(after two days emails)

Only thing made me not happy is the email he sent me

"They are going to inspect the item first. As soon as they receive it and inspect it I will let you know what they say."

I am happy to see and hear from ERZ Thomas,I am also hope this can be deal nicely and quickly.

I will send back this item tomorrow.

I sent an email to Josh at first moment but no reply yet,that's fine.

Then I went home found the order number from paypal then email to IIR's sales department (Frankie).

After 2 days emails with IIR Frankie,ERZ/CNT.

I'm not sure whats up with Josh or IIR's CS, I sent a message to Josh 2 weeks back and I'm still waiting for a response - I decided to throw msprank from Infamous Performance the business... I won't tolerate stuff like that when I purchased things from you...

Too much vendors on here that will appreciate the business and try to help you out to be left feeling a bit lost or violated.

OP - Did you end up getting a replacement, or are you going to go a different route? I'm planning a little heat and elbow grease this weekend to get mine to stop vibrating against the cross-member/heat shield...

some update about my case here,

returned DP back to ERZ/CNT on 17th Mar and I haven't get my refund from IIR yet today(26 Mar).

No answer from IIR Frankie after two emails(yesterday and today), I don't know usually take how long to get refund from paypal(thats how I pay in Feb).

I don't know how hard for IIR frankie to spend 5 mins to reply my emails.

Yeah, don't do business with IIR. Their business practices are questionable.

Buy a quality DP from a legit manufacturer. Don't go buy a cheap copy/kock off of someone elses hard work.

Msprank, Underdog, FredBeans, etc can help you out.

:yeahthat:

Sorry about your misfortune. I would just take this as lesson learned.. Do not buy from IIR. They are the worst with customer service and only care about "selling at the cheapest prices". Instead, support a forum vendor like m sprank @ Infamous Performance, Underdog, or AZP Installs for performance part needs.

Wierd that you say this. I have bought all my parts from IIR. Never had an issue and always the best price. I bought a GMS exahust and CNT DP both fit perfect and the exhaust sounds great. I bought a FX300 Clutch from them and only paid like 575 shipped for 2day shipping. I know Infamous is great too not downing them, but from me dealing with IIR I never had an issue. I needed hangers for exhuast since my old ones were done for when I installed the new exhaust. I called Josh at IIR and they next day shipped me exhaust hangers for free. So idk where you get worst customer service from.

P.S. After reading the rest of these post about IIR I must be SUPER LUCKY!

I don't get my refund from IIR yet,

So just let you know that you are lucky.

A simple return DP due to wrong fitment and I still don't have my refund after two weeks.

Wierd that you say this. I have bought all my parts from IIR. Never had an issue and always the best price. I bought a GMS exahust and CNT DP both fit perfect and the exhaust sounds great. I bought a FX300 Clutch from them and only paid like 575 shipped for 2day shipping. I know Infamous is great too not downing them, but from me dealing with IIR I never had an issue. I needed hangers for exhuast since my old ones were done for when I installed the new exhaust. I called Josh at IIR and they next day shipped me exhaust hangers for free. So idk where you get worst customer service from.

P.S. After reading the rest of these post about IIR I must be SUPER LUCKY!

Archived