LegacyGT.com

Sound system in the 2008 Gts

smith222

Ok so I'm buying a 2008 gt and had a few questions about the sound system in the car.

1) How it bass in the stock system?

2) Can my current subs function with the stock radio or will i have to buy and install a new one?

note: the sub in question are a set of JBL 12 inch 1100 watt max sub with a 1600 watt amp, which maybe up for sale it installing them will be a pain.

I got a 2008 GT Spec.B two weeks ago...

Compared to a "real" sound system (aftermarket head-unit with good speakers and a sub) it can't even compare... I don't have the underseat sub though.

But for an OEM setup it's not that bad, way better than a lot of the other cars I tried before getting this one...

Still not enough for me though... If you have automatic climate controls, you need to replace some parts to install a head unit (check Double-Din HVAC thread in Interior/Audio), but it will be worth it for me! Maybe 400-450$ in JDM parts, wiring, etc... I already have all the other stuff!

You can also get a line converter and hook it up to the stock radio, then run those RCA outputs to a sub. Not a complete solution but might be cheaper if you like the stock radio.

x2 max is nothing the rms power rating is what you look at. he is most likely running them at 500 rms.

if you want a better system i have my setup for sale. its a 12" death row from incriminator audio that runs at 1k watt rms at 1 ohm, the amp is form MB QUART its the dsc 1500.1d rated at 1500watts rms at 1 ohm. i have all 0/1 gauge power and ground cable from one of the top companies(knu konceptz), an anl style 300amp fuse, firewall bushing, 3^ft ported enclosure tuned to 32Hz and made of 3/4" mdf, and a set of rca cables form knu konceptz. i was able to hit 113.6 DB at 32hZ at 1200watts.

Archived