LegacyGT.com

Kartboy rear Endlinks install - help

okla7788

Having bad luck with a rear sway install. I rounded out the inner nut on the stock endlink. I decided to replace them with kartboy. I have lowering spring and whiteline sway bar. I noticed that when I thread the bolt through the sway and the bracket on the car, the bolts are pointing in very different angle (see pic). I can force the endlink on but is this normal?

DSC_7725.jpg.318085016983a169cc8e1ab89d7a5425.jpg

DSC_7726.jpg.ad4eb717b08346f7f02242bd6aff8fc5.jpg

to some extent yes. that is why the OEM designed ones are ball and socket type... so that those differences do not matter. should be fine. but do double check the bushing to make sure its not being pulled out after the first week. I was making a hybrid setup on my WRX and had that happen... had to space it out to make it work... based on the looks you should not have the same issue I did, but always safe to check.

T

You have to use a floor jack to raise the RR wheel / suspension up a bit in order to line the bolts up. You might wanna loosen up the endlink bolts on the other side in order to give you a bit more play in the bar. It will help line everything up. Then tighten the endlinks while the car is resting on the suspension.

My Perrins said to do one side at a time with a floor jack, not a lift.

I had no issue installing them. But I did just do the fronts.

may be go to perrins site and download there directions and see if they do something different then Kartboy.

Hard to tell if you have the conicol washers on there upside down ?

FWIW, Here's the directions for the Perrin rears

http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/PERRIN/documents/instructions/subaru/pspsus215.pdf

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...

The angle will change drastically if you're not doing the install when the suspension is compressed (Under normal load). Think about it, you're trying to install a link between the frame and a free-moving part (RSB), the two are only connected via the endlink. If the free-moving part isn't where it's normally supposed to be sitting the angle of the bolts going through the endlinks will have to be at their extreme's just to go through the endlink which will probably lead to improper tightening, as youll have to do it again once it's on the ground.

DO IT ON RAMPS. TRUST ME.

I installed the whiteline spherical endlinks on my brother's WRX, and those went to shit after a couple months because it as done in the air and caused quite a but of binding within the endlink.

Another example: My car was serviced at subaru, the installed the RSB support brackets and when I look under the car after a couple days of driving and some clunking, sure enough the bushings for the endlinks are out of their sockets.

Buying a set of ramps is cheaper than buying replacement bushings.

Charlie I may be able to help you if you need it. The install is really easy, if you have the right tools. I think I did a write-up on here.

The angle will change drastically if you're not doing the install when the suspension is compressed (Under normal load). Think about it, you're trying to install a link between the frame and a free-moving part (RSB), the two are only connected via the endlink. If the free-moving part isn't where it's normally supposed to be sitting the angle of the bolts going through the endlinks will have to be at their extreme's just to go through the endlink which will probably lead to improper tightening, as youll have to do it again once it's on the ground.

DO IT ON RAMPS. TRUST ME.

I installed the whiteline spherical endlinks on my brother's WRX, and those went to shit after a couple months because it as done in the air and caused quite a but of binding within the endlink.

Another example: My car was serviced at subaru, the installed the RSB support brackets and when I look under the car after a couple days of driving and some clunking, sure enough the bushings for the endlinks are out of their sockets.

Buying a set of ramps is cheaper than buying replacement bushings.

Charlie I may be able to help you if you need it. The install is really easy, if you have the right tools. I think I did a write-up on here.

thanks man. yeah already did my FSB like 3 months ago, shes holding up fine. i just dont know if i need these optional spacers to go with the kit im buying

I have kart boys on the front and rear along with white line f & r sways. I only needed the spacers on the front. In my initial research, I think that was the general consensus across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4 thanks fellas

Just found this thread, I only used what came in the end link package, didn't have to buy anything else.

I may have put a block under the tire and let the car down on it. Can't remember.

I know I had both endlinks off last summer and just bolted them back up with the car 24" in the air. That was 8000 miles ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

make sure that you put the front endlinks on the front, and the rear on the rear...

i didnt notice the SLIGHT difference betwen the two sizes... Needless to say, i had to do the endlinks twice to correct the problem.

Archived