Endlink: 33.2 ft-lb

Bracket: 18.1 ft-lb

Rear Stabilizer

Endlink: 32.5 ft-lb

Bracket: 30 ft-lb

Straight from the tech manual.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

WRT to "too tight", I believe you're getting at the issue of whether it compresses the bushings too much. Was this the heart of your question?

As long as the bushings are well lubricated, I can't possibly see you getting the bracket bars too tight due to hydraulic resistance around the bar's surface. This "could" force the grease out faster than intended over the long term but we all (hopefully) check the condition of the bushings periodically anyway and re-lube so I don't think it's an issue.

FWIW - I've never destroyed a bushing from having it well-lubed and the bracket "over-tightened".

HTH

SBT

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jonny,

Tightening torques:

Front Stabilizer

Endlink: 33.2 ft-lb

Bracket: 18.1 ft-lb

Rear Stabilizer

Endlink: 32.5 ft-lb

Bracket: 30 ft-lb

Straight from the tech manual.

SBT

Beat me to it.

Dale - I have AVO bushings up front and every once in awhile I will get a creaking noise with low-speed parking maneuvers. It didn't happen prior to the install and I used the supplied grease. I suppose they could be dry now, if I squeezed it out with too much torque. Maybe it's time to get the ramps back out and crawl under.....if only I had a new DP to swap while I am under there :D

Two words - Vacation Pictures :D

Well, yeah.....I have those now...I know I didn't torque to spec because I had no torque wrench or specs. I did the swap on bushings in December when I did the 20mm RSB.

Auto zone rents torque wrenchs for free ;)

No Autozone within an hour's drive of me, unfortunately - only Advance Auto and you are lucky to find someone to ring you up. I got a nice Craftsman DigiTork from Santa.....too bad it didn't come early. I will crawl under the car and do it 'right' this time. :p

well, I guess you need the rest of the numbers for the struts bolts, the top hat bolts and brake bracket bolts. Here they are in the order from top to bottom:

3 x 12mm top hat to chassis bolts (front) = 14.5 lbs +/- 5 lbs

17mm self locking nut for securing the top hat (front) = 43 lbs +/- 7 lbs

Camber bolt (1 of 2) = 145 lbs +29 or -7 lbs

Lower Strut bolt (2 of 2) = 145 lbs +29 or -7 lbs

Rear Shock Anchor bolt = 116 lbs +/- 14 lbs

2 x 12mm top hat to chassis bolts (rear) = 22 lbs = +/- 4 lbs

17mm self locking nut for securing the rear top hat (rear) = 43 lbs +/- 7 lbs

Brake Bracket Bolts = 14 lbs +/- 4 lbs

Endlinks = 32 lbs +/- 4 lbs

Front Sway Bar Brackets = 18 lbs +/- 2lbs

Rear Sway Bar Brackets = 29 lbs +/- 5 lbs

8 x 14mm Front Crossmember plate bolts = 13 lbs +/- 5 lbs

While I have my book open:

2 x 14mm Caliper bolts for brakes to change brake pads = 27.5

Brake Bleeder = 5 lbs

10mm flare nuts for stainless steel lines = 15 lbs +/- 5 lbs

And for Cusco Rear Underbrace:

2 x 17mm Rear Chassis subframe bolts = 94 lbs +/- 14 lbs

Rear lateral link pivot bolts = 90 lbs +/- 14 lbs

And for Cusco Front Underbrace:

17mm Front Chassis subframe bolts = 72 lbs +/-11 lbs

Any subframe smaller bolts that you accidentally took off that is an "M" bolt (see head of the bolt for a stamped number):

M8 = 25 lbs

M10 = 52 lbs

M12 = 41 lbs

For the stuff lesser than 50 lbs of force (and I hope you guys are not weak bastards) those are usually hand tighten parts with a 6" to 12" ratchet (once your tooling experience is good enough). Anything over that should be checked out with a torque wrench just in case as I am sure you dont want your lug nuts to fall out because you only torqued them half-donkey-monkey kind of way at 50 lbs. I torque my wheels to 80 lbs after I am done with the day.

Keefe

Keefe

And for Cusco Rear Underbrace:

2 x 17mm Rear Chassis subframe bolts = 94 lbs +/- 14 lbs

Rear lateral link pivot bolts = 90 lbs +/- 14 lbs

And for Cusco Front Underbrace:

17mm Front Chassis subframe bolts = 72 lbs +/-11 lbs

Any subframe smaller bolts that you accidentally took off that is an "M" bolt (see head of the bolt for a stamped number):

M8 = 25 lbs

M10 = 52 lbs

M12 = 41 lbs

Keefe, when you are quoting these numbers, are you referring to the Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Front and the Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Rear. Are those the under brace things?

http://www.rallitek.com/pictures/HBBP9_frontlowerbar.jpg

http://www.rallitek.com/pictures/HBBP9_rearlowerbar.jpg

Keefe, when you are quoting these numbers, are you referring to the Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Front and the Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar Rear. Are those the under brace things?

http://www.rallitek.com/pictures/HBBP9_frontlowerbar.jpg

http://www.rallitek.com/pictures/HBBP9_rearlowerbar.jpg

Yup.

Keefe

Keefe

Dale - I have AVO bushings up front and every once in awhile I will get a creaking noise with low-speed parking maneuvers. It didn't happen prior to the install and I used the supplied grease. I suppose they could be dry now, if I squeezed it out with too much torque. Maybe it's time to get the ramps back out and crawl under.....if only I had a new DP to swap while I am under there :D

Could be that the bushings are dry and its just a good time to ramp it up and re-lube after the winter weather. Did you use the AVO supplied grease? I feel that is too light and wears off very quickly. I'm going to get some of the Mobil 1 Silicone grease that Boxer2.5GT recommends and re-do my back bushing when I put my new bushings on the front.

Did you get an UP and do the install already? I remember you were looking for one... :). Will be waiting for your installation gouge.

SBT

I used the AVO stuff, but have some white lithium grease and some Shin-Etsu. I will pick up the Mobil1 grease and re-lube.

As for the other parts.....nobody has released product yet, despite constant prodding from me with money in hand. Lachute was going to work up a full TBE with twin tips.....been two months now. Paul @ AVO said he kicked Ross in the arse (not really) and got him to agree to build one for me. We'll see.....

Archived