LegacyGT.com

*NEW* 2010 Legacy GTs!! $3k UNDER invoice! (SoCal)

jaque8

Hey Everyone,

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise as a dealer on here but I'm giving it a shot!

I'm the Internet Sales Director at Kearny Mesa Subaru in San Diego. Also the proud owner of a 2005 LGT :cool:

I have two 2010 Legacy GTs that I have some extra incentives on and I want to find a good home for! One Limited, One premium. Both Satin White Pearl

If you or anyone you know is in the market for a new LGT or any Subaru for that matter get a hold of me! I will make it worth your while even if you're from out of town!

Here's what I got:

2010 Legacy GT Premium, Satin White Pearl, Harmon/Kardon + Moonroof

MSRP = $31,145

LGT.com Discount Price = $24,999!!! + tax/license

They also have 2.9% APR right now!

I'm giving these things away guys!! :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I'm allowed to advertise as a dealer on here but I'm giving it a shot!

I believe you'll need to apply for vendor status. PM a mod/admin for more info.

Seemingly nice prices on the LGT's though. I haven't researched what others have picked them up for, but it seems like a good deal.

It being Sunday, a day usually set aside for rest and contemplation about next weeks endeavor to find the ideal Subaru LGT wagon..(and with my temporary writer's license to comment perhaps a bit aimlessly here for a moment hotly in hand, like a teenage driver?) here's my own take on enterprising car salesmen and the Internet ... brought together in thought on this very fine morning by this very same technology...that does all thing all too well at times ? ...btw, How's everyone doing? (and a very good morning to you, zmarko, thanks for the PM)

I love it when vendors (dealers in this case) play dumb, pretending they don't know that it costs money to sell stuff on forums

It's a very good thing I am a wagon lover isn't it, as it's been years now since Subaru dropped my favorite model...?

Bob Schieffer, who hosts Face the Nation on Sundays and as one of the last highly respected CBS news Editors for that once great News network this morning lamented about the in-roads that the Internet has made into our daily lives, and commented (insightfully IMO) that not only does the Internet now allow great minds from all over the world to come together, much more frequently for substantive discussion and the advancement of important scientific discovery and the sharing of ideas, etc (and what the creators of the Internet likely envisioned?) Schieffer aptly noted the very same modality also lets the miserable social miscreants that hide in the shadows (that this technology also provides) to with equal force share incorrect and or socially unacceptable information equally well (Craig's leg for instance) along with the perverts and those that otherwise advocate for instance that we might best have Obama assassinated for being a Muslim and a lover of Islam...indeed he is not Muslim and this reminds me that News Editors perform a crucial and important function, and especially now within the ranks of purveyors of what they now call the daily news cycle which we all now seem to be exposed to, whether we like it or not...rather endlessly? ...and that alone can easily influence our state of bliss... or lack thereof...and ruin our day if we are not exceedingly careful?

Folks that share and further cultivate ideals that are based on just plain incorrect fact (which is what an Editor watches out for) gives us cause to also wonder if the advantages of this very wonderful technology might also have an inherent Achilles heel in its independent nature...as to us now foreever more actually being able to really 'know' the difference between the truth ...and pure fiction in the future..and take some things in trust..a responsibility that News Editors in years past took very seriously and a job now left at best up to no one but our own minds' discretionary acumen...and our own individual level of thirst and given any stamina left at the end of a long weekday to actually discover, hunt out and find like our forefathers before us... the 'right' knowledge in time for to us to find our hunting tool of choice be it arrows or spears, then go out and stalk our game of choice, then have the wife actually kindly prepare our supper? If you ask me this seeking bliss thing is sure pretty darned exhausting! :D

The perfect example being this Gentleman OP here who politely bowed out (with the 'who knew' excuse...?) that these incorrect assumptions, carried forth on the 'winds' of this Internet thingy endlessly seeking it's own audience...that without the more than courageous (kindergarten) 'room monitors' (the guys and gals here that admirably keep us all in line?) the rules being clearly defined, may indeed be all that's left... between us discussing all things Legacy in warmth and comfort and enjoying each other's company to having to band together in the future as Mel Gibson-like 'road warriors' in defense of this very forum...as others gang together to lay siege to this bastion of Subaru knowledge and its substantive discussions all set down in print..with us finally exhausted... being literally over-run by the sheer masses of new car salesmen looking for a new way to rob us of our very 'eyeball's... and likely will go to any length, on any Sunday, to do what they do best...

It's very heartwarming, comforting and good to know that most all things stay the same, eventually?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBob_Schieffer&ei=BFtxTO3gDJC-sQOFsNWvBg&usg=AFQjCNGUwcax-r4nIUQyhI15vw7JzwzRtw

If it wasn't for this forum... I'd be a happier and richer person.

~Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is pain~

Great laptop for sale

ahhh.... the sweet duality of contemplating the sound of one hand clappping?

In closing my diatribe of minor discontent...I recall vividly speaking with someone (apparently much wiser than myself) long ago who was noteworthy for seeking bliss with a firm purpose (and also generously teaching others about the many pitfalls one might encounter during such a quest) the Gentleman remarked that it's this very sense of pain (that bliss abhors) that regularly 'reminds' us humans that we are still alive, still kicking and not somehow stuck and at war... within our own mind, (and miraculously, at the very same moment which is what amazes this human) that we inwardly perceive that life is supposed to be an easy thing..an idea generated (yet incorrect) by the very faculty that we as humans are so proud of and that we have a bit more of than most...(insight) and a tool that we all share like having say, opposing thumbs? ..a line of thinking that created somehow the further notion that we, as creatures of God (or whomever) are somehow now separate and apart from this Universe we study endlessly... where pain, death and eating one's neighbor so as not to go hungry is a common everyday occurance... insight, a tool that got us here to the top...and leads to that even more perplexing one word line of thought that mankind has contemplated likely every single Sunday (somewhere) for well over ten thousand years...WHY?

On some days, the realization finally hits us that the painful and yet joyous moments in our lives are the fondest we remember...and that the pain of that birth arises from just such realization... it happens, over and over millions of times every day on this planet we inhabit... and permeates every facet of daily life ...for all of us collectively all over the world. Just what we are going to do with this talent...? Indeed the future will tell us in retrospect (historically) about the story as it unfolded...as news for those future humans getting their daily cyle ...that will perhaps as a side hobby read and re-read this strange Subaru stuff here and really wonder...Just what the heck is a Subaru??

Speaking of reminders (and if I recall it correctly?) wasn't it Harry S. Truman the history buff US President who remarked something to the effect that ....'Every thing that one doesn't know, may well be a history lesson that one hasn't fully mastered yet?

http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2009/spring/truman-history.html

Good man! (and a very good morning to all of you!)

Cheers!

10LGT is so tempting, might give you a call..

Thanks for reading all that..very brave! :D

Do be sure to read up on the car carefully too, as a new Subaru these days is like a Mars bar...

not that they are not super cars in their own right they just cost four times more,

and provides perhaps half the enjoyment..?

Darnit!

Cheers and good luck!

That's a good price. I paid a tad under $20K for my 2009 2.5i SE exactly 12 months ago. If it had been available at the time, I would've happily paid an extra $5k for a GT.

Unless I can get a decent price on a trade? :lol:

I believe you'll need to apply for vendor status. PM a mod/admin for more info.

Seemingly nice prices on the LGT's though. I haven't researched what others have picked them up for, but it seems like a good deal.

Thanks for the tip!

But I'm not trying to make money on here, I'm the internet sales director not a salesman. I'm simply trying to hook up some fellow LGT owners with an awesome deal if they want one!

I'm not hear to post up all my inventory, but I figure when I get the opportunity to literally give away an "LGT" I figured people on "LGT.com" might want to hear about it. And guess what, I was right! Because the new owner of a 2010 LGT Limited is THRILLED he got one for $3k under invoice :)

To the mods: If this is unacceptable I'll happily not tell people about deals like this but I thought that was the whole purpose of an online community, ya know, to share information.....

BUT if anyone needs an insider at a dealership I'm always happy to help fellow enthusiasts!

i love it when vendors (dealers in this case) play dumb, pretending they dont know that it costs money to sell stuff on forums

Wow what a hater....

Now I know where I will NOT be getting my brake upgrade from ;)

I'm not trying to make money like you. I'm just trying to hook up some enthusiasts with an awesome deal :)

I'm not trying to make money like you. I'm just trying to hook up some enthusiasts with an awesome deal :)

I love hearing statements like those from salesman :spin:

my personal favorite is "I can't go any lower, im already losing money on the deal as it is!"

amazing prices...

Especially amazing in the fact that up here in Canada the same car is still selling for about $40K.

People up here are selling used 2007 LGTs for $25K.:eek:

At those prices anyone sitting on the fence about the 2010 styling should be convinced to buy.

Wow what a hater....

Now I know where I will NOT be getting my brake upgrade from ;)

Can you explain how your dealership is not making money from the sale of a car?

Can you explain how your dealership is not making money from the sale of a car?

First off I'm salary based.

Secondly do you honestly think we are still making money at $3,400 UNDER invoice??

I thought Subaru owners were supposed to be intelligent... I also thought they were nice :rolleyes:

I coulda stayed with the BMW crowd for this type of arrogance lol

That's fine Jaque...we can wait and accept our 6% forum commission as soon as the sale is finalized...

Nice sized contributions toward our forum are always welcome here!

Cheers!

:D

Haha for sure!!

What's 6% of a -$3,000 negative gross??

:p

First off I'm salary based.

Secondly do you honestly think we are still making money at $3,400 UNDER invoice??

I thought Subaru owners were supposed to be intelligent... I also thought they were nice :rolleyes:

I coulda stayed with the BMW crowd for this type of arrogance lol

First off, I said your dealership. Not you. And while you said you don't make any money off it, it's in your best interest to have cars moving off your lot. Whether it's because it's a car that's been sitting there for a long time unable to sell (my guess is that's the case here), or because you guys are desperately trying to reach your month-end sales quota for any possible bonuses from Subaru....having cars move from your lot makes you a more 'successful' dealership. Sure, selling at a loss is not something you'd want to do daily. However, if it allows that LGT to be removed from your lot (at a loss), you can pull in better selling vehicles that can be sold for profit and much quicker...then it's a no brainer. You take the hit, as it benefits the dealer in the long run.

As for coming onto a Subaru message forum and insulting the intelligence of the community, that's a brilliant move. Especially after you've "advertised" who you are. :lol:

I simply pointed out that you might want to check into a vendors account as that is what is required for vendors (like yourself) to sell things here. Look how well Grayson Subaru does on this board. Has probably sold over 50 cars just from advertising specials on this board alone! But you had to come back with a "I'm not here to make money" comment, which while you're main focus here may not be to sell vehicles, part of that focus now is (seeing as you're a sales manager and you've made this post).

If it's one thing I've learned about sales people over my 15 years of working with them, it's that they're "always on". Always angling for a sale at any point, at any time if they see the opportunity.

Anyway, I'm done here. But when you boil it down, you're a sales manager who works at a dealership, and you've posted about selling cars here. IMO, that means you're a vendor, and require vendor status. But again, just my opinion. Best of luck to you and your dealership.

First off, I said your dealership. Not you. And while you said you don't make any money off it, it's in your best interest to have cars moving off your lot. Whether it's because it's a car that's been sitting there for a long time unable to sell (my guess is that's the case here), or because you guys are desperately trying to reach your month-end sales quota for any possible bonuses from Subaru....having cars move from your lot makes you a more 'successful' dealership. Sure, selling at a loss is not something you'd want to do daily. However, if it allows that LGT to be removed from your lot (at a loss), you can pull in better selling vehicles that can be sold for profit and much quicker...then it's a no brainer. You take the hit, as it benefits the dealer in the long run.

As for coming onto a Subaru message forum and insulting the intelligence of the community, that's a brilliant move. Especially after you've "advertised" who you are. :lol:

I simply pointed out that you might want to check into a vendors account as that is what is required for vendors (like yourself) to sell things here. Look how well Grayson Subaru does on this board. Has probably sold over 50 cars just from advertising specials on this board alone! But you had to come back with a "I'm not here to make money" comment, which while you're main focus here may not be to sell vehicles, part of that focus now is (seeing as you're a sales manager and you've made this post).

If it's one thing I've learned about sales people over my 15 years of working with them, it's that they're "always on". Always angling for a sale at any point, at any time if they see the opportunity.

Anyway, I'm done here. But when you boil it down, you're a sales manager who works at a dealership, and you've posted about selling cars here. IMO, that means you're a vendor, and require vendor status. But again, just my opinion. Best of luck to you and your dealership.

Point taken.

And I'll take the risk that not everyone lacks the sense of humor you do, I mean really are you honestly offended that I said "i thought Subaru owners were supposed to be smart and nice"??? Come on now... lol

And no need to apply for vendor status because like I said, I'm not a vendor.

I won't "advertise" killer deals anymore.

But I sure do appreciate your honorable service as a forumn moderator!

:icon_chee

Archived