LegacyGT.com

Which EL header is best?

Zac88

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Perrin ELH made the most power of all the major ELH in a comparison test over at nasioc. Can't find the link to the comparison tho. :(. I did some research over there before settling on the Perrin.

I have the Perrin freshly wrapped, sprayed and waiting to be installed.

The Perrin ELH made the most power of all the major ELH in a comparison test over at nasioc. Can't find the link to the comparison tho. :(. I did some research over there before settling on the Perrin.

I also searched NASIOC for a thread for comparasion on all the headers.

I think I found an old thread but all the images were down :(

I did some research over there before settling on the Perrin.

Did you research the part where Perrin has a 5 year warranty, void if wrapped and GTSPEC has a 2 year warranty, wrap, race, whatever?:redface: This was a major factor for me.

Looks like the Perrin did really well (+35 whp) But I just realized these were not all ELH and did not include the GTSPEC or Tomei.

Tomei (GTSPEC) are major performers as well. 30+whp definately possible.

HKS is gone from the US.

Holy header is on never ending back order as KillerB has issues sourcing the 321 (at an affordable price).

Perrin is WAY overpriced for what you get. GTSpec, Tomei are far superior for the money. Now if GTSpec would just make some more. They have been on back order for 4 months.

how would they be any better though?

Tomei are the best twinscroll ELH headers available. Subaru OEM twinscroll headers are very well designed and im sure they are pretty high up there for single scroll applications too.

how would they be any better though?

Tomei are the best twinscroll ELH headers available. Subaru OEM twinscroll headers are very well designed and im sure they are pretty high up there for single scroll applications too.

So you're saying that a OEM subaru single scroll EL header would be just as good as a Tomei one?

If so where do I buy one?

ok, then you should....but, I wouldnt. why? I can get legit parts that are warrantied and supported by known vendors,enthusiasts, and built by established aftermarket companies. There are COUNTLESS threads detailing aftermarket headers. When(not if) your knockoffs crack you will be out $xxx plus a replacement set/downtime/labor(a shop or your own)

Do it once. Do it right. Buy American.

or put cheap knockoff shit on your ride, this big rock will keep spinning either way.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived