LegacyGT.com

Remember my old LGT - Street Racing Disaster

You guys all remember my old LGT........

[/url]http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/Pictures/FMIC/DSC02836.JPG http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/Pictures/FMIC/DSC02838.JPG http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Legacys/Pictures/FMIC/DSC02841.JPG

Well, we all know I traded it in and got the specB. I met the kid that bought it, and the dealer and I told him over and over that it was "a lot of car" and to be very careful. Hung with him a few times (Great kid), he told me that he had no urge to street race or any of that stuff (ect...)....which I thought was awesome, and totally respectable....

So to make a short story shorter......The car is totaled, and the dude that bought it, well he left us too. I don't know the full details other then the police report that said, "Death involved Street racing". It's so sad, you don't think it can happen to you, or people around you....but it can! I felt guilty at first for building the car, but we warned him, dealer warned him...what else can we do right :(

This is just to serve as a friendly reminder that street racing isn't the smartest thing to do, and though you get tempted by others, it's not worth it to bite and zip off with them as there is no reward, and in a fraction of a second tragety can strike!

So any friends and family that come across this, I am so sorry for your loss, and send my deepest condolances!

Thanx for reading

SNIPPIT FROM ARTICLE FOUND:

Lovett's accident occurred on a fairly straight stretch of the semi-lit, two-lane road.

Bibeau said in an interview Thursday that Lovett attempted to pass two vehicles on the road just before the accident.

Lovett was going about 60 miles-an-hour, Bibeau said. The speed limit is 40 miles-per-hour on Wilkins Road.

"He apparently lost control of his vehicle as he tried to cut back," Bibeau said.

Officers arrived at the crash to find Lovett, 23, of 24 Kraft St., Apt. 101, unconscious, Bibeau said in the release.

Full article in post: http://legacygt.com/forums/664191-post75.html

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that is really sad. It must be a little weird for you, but like you said you did all your could to warn him. I feel sorry for his friends and family, I never want to see anyone get hurt while driving.

No reason to feel guilty. You didn't do anything wrong. Maybe weird to have your old car involved in a deadly crash, but certainly nothing to feel guilty about.

My father in law killed two people in a crash about 3 years ago. It wasn't his fault as they pulled out in front of him. You can't blame yourself for things out of your control.

WOW....

If I remember correctly the guy has several friends on this forum. Didn't he own a stereo shop?

Anyone have a news article?

Scans.....I had the same thing happen to me except I actually sold the car privately. Luckily in my case No-one was killed but 3 Kids (17-20) had to be airlifted from the accident & will never be the same:(

I thought about it alot & I occasionally still do....

I sold the car to the kids father under the pretense it was going to be his. When it came time for the car to be delivered he tosses the keys over to his son.

17yrs old.....550rwhp=very bad news:(

My comment...

"thats WAAAAAAAY to much car for you, I cannot believe your letting him drive this car"

1 week later.....hit a concrete telephone pole going 80

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

yep yep.. not to make anyone feel even more bad but I would think his parents are probably feeling the worse.. I send my condolences if anyone who knows him happens to read this forum..

Yeah def terrible, but if only one person reads this and thinks twice before engaging in high speed street antics, I'll be happy......Keep it all on the track!

I guess "Guilt" was the wrong word to use........I guess it was more of "Freaked" cuz the kid stood in my living room, I used to drive that car every day, and when I think of his fam just wigs me out and I feel so bad for their loss....Sad Sad stuff......I know there was nothing I could do, the car was in his hands, and it was his decision. Life always will toss us a curve ball...

3 years ago at the dealership:

the sales manager: "did you say anything about the cut on his head"

salesman: no

me: what happened?

salesman: the 18 year and his father came in 3 months ago and bought an STI. i took the kid aside and politely warned him about the car and it's tire etc.....

he totaled the car into a telephone pole on a rainy day.

kids will be kids and you can't be there all the time to stop them.

they have their own free will.

OMG, that's truly terrible. :(

Indeed, I'd be a bit freaked-out by this kind of news, too. A fellow work-mate of mine just had a horrible accident a couple of weeks ago ( she's currently recovering well, but she was in near "mortal" condition when she arrived at the hospital - it was a car vs. pedestrian [her] hit-and-run :mad: ) - these things that strike "close to home" always have a way of touching us on a more personal level.

RIP.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

3 years ago at the dealership:

the sales manager: "did you say anything about the cut on his head"

salesman: no

me: what happened?

salesman: the 18 year and his father came in 3 months ago and bought an STI. i took the kid aside and politely warned him about the car and it's tire etc.....

he totaled the car into a telephone pole on a rainy day.

kids will be kids and you can't be there all the time to stop them.

they have their own free will.

+1

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

very sad. my condolences to the family & friends. Always sad to hear stuff like this. Scans, don't beat yourself up about it. That's not your fault in any way although I totally understand being freaked about it.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

the LGT is more car stock than most young drivers can handle. A modded one just exacerbates the lack of skills. Throw racing in the mix and it's not a good combination, obviously.

Don't let it get to you....I have to say...I'm a bit weirded out too, but free will is a gift.

It's too bad but the only person to blame is the driver. I have sold three modded cars and every one ended up wrecked but nobody killed. One other was stolen and run into a stone wall, that guy got killed. Just deserts!
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Same deal here(but nobody died) with my stg 3 WRX,,traded it in,,,kid was buying,,, kid was warned buy me and dealer,,two weeks latter car is in dealer body shop and spent 6 months there.:(

cars are faster today than in the past, much more traffic, to many movies about street racing, 16 yr olds with drivers licenses, parents who want to be their kids friends, the list goes on. times change and so should the laws kids should not have drivers license until min. 18 yrs. old and then only for work or school. radical? maybe but at least they would have a chance to mature and possibly not kill themselves or others. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Wow. Based upon all these stories about people wrecking cars they bought modded, when it comes time to sell mine, I think I'm going to remove all of my power mods rather than sell it modded. Let whoever buys it learn gradually what it can do.

to many movies about street racing,

I'd bet that has alot to do with it.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived