LegacyGT.com

One of the little things I don't really like about the new Leg, is the gas cap.

The gas door has no hook or rack to place the cap in while it is being filled.

It just hangs down against the side of the car, putting gas on the paint.

If I pull it down, I can get it under the wheel well, but...

Anyone have a better idea?

Photos:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-Subaru-Leg-Gas-pump-1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-Subaru-Leg-Gas-pump-2.jpg

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2500&L2=L2_2520&SKU=45533

This is tempting -

Not so much as a buffer for the cap, but rather extra protection against our rather "sensitive" tanks in terms of being full at the first auto-shutoff on the pump, especially at its rather affordable price-point.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

that's pretty trivial if you ask me

I don't think so. I think the thread raises a good point. Why didn't they carry over w/ what they had w/ the impreza? Thats at least one question I'd like answered if I ever had the chance to ask.

Interesting thread, I remember reading a thread when I first bought my car where people were praising the design, allowing it to hang in the wheel well, beyond the fender. The pictures in the first post clearly show how it hangs low enough to not get gas on the paint. That said, I think a better design would be to have a place to clip/mount it on the back of the gas door.

Guest *Jedimaster*
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_2500&L2=L2_2520&SKU=45533

This is tempting -

Not so much as a buffer for the cap, but rather extra protection against our rather "sensitive" tanks in terms of being full at the first auto-shutoff on the pump, especially at its rather affordable price-point.

-A

I like that idea, but 12 bucks for a rubber flap is a waste. I may cut up and old floor mat and make one myself.

I do what you do, shove it in the wheel well. This is the first car I have owned that did not have some type of cap holder. I too found it frustrating.

I agree with Jedi, $12 for the flap is kinda silly, maybe i will make one myself, but that alone won't solve the problem....as the cap can still hit the car and flop around.

Anyone know of a way to attach a holder of some sort?

I like that idea, but 12 bucks for a rubber flap is a waste. I may cut up and old floor mat and make one myself.

Not a bad idea at all - and considering that I'm a DSMer at-heart, heck, I've made other things out of home-cut rubber, so why not this! :lol:

Great idea to save those $12+shipping!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I put the cap in the pump's handle, since here we got nothing to hold the handle, so instead of staying there for like 5 minutes I just put it there and wait for it.

+1. Just shove it in the pump handle so you can walk around while it fills.

http://www.offer-club.com/image/scissor.gif

EXACTLY. thats the first thing mod i did to my car. however, two days after some idiot actually put the cap on my trunk! i was like WTF is wrong with you and cursed him out. i had an acura for 5 years that had no spot for the cap and never did anyone put it on my car while filling up. always goes on top of the pump. PA has the right idea. screw full service and the idiot workers. nothing better then when someone runs the metal tip of the nozzle down the side of the car.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 4 months later...

Guys, hang it like this:

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/1867/gascap4dr.jpg

No need to have it hanging over the wheel well.

I'm adding the same pic as an attachment in case imageshack goes belly up in the future.

gascap.jpg.3e3a5df0e69d16b77d0d6399f9d3d669.jpg

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Hmm I didn't even know it didn't have a place to go hahah. Living in NJ you aren't allowed to fill your own gas tank. Every single station is a full service station.

So I never even get out of the car. I guess I will have to watch the next time I get gas and see what they do.

Print that pic out and show it to the gas attendants. :lol:

And, coming from California, where everybody pumps their own overpriced crappy gas, it seems totally bizarre that it's a LAW that you can't pump your own gas. But that's another thread... :p

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Yeah maybe I shoudl resize the picture and glue it into the gas compartment hahaha.

Yeah in my early twenties I had a 68 GTO convertible and I would try to pump my own gas b/c I didn't want them touching it and maybe only one or two stations ever let me go it. They told me that it is actually against the law for them to let me pump in NJ and they could get huge fines if I was really "undercover" and trying to fool them.

Crazy though that I don't have to leave the car and it is one of the lowest priced gas states in the country ...... go figure that out...

Okay so NJ and Oregon are two states where you can't pump your own gas. I have to ask this question. If you grew up in NJ or OR and never pump your own gas in your lifetime, what did you do the first time you left the state and had to get gas? Do most people sit in the car wondering WTF?

Archived