LegacyGT.com

Premium gasoline recommended?

freak

I'm still researching buying a legacy and I noticed today that cars.com listed "Premium gasoline recommended" as a dislike. I've never seen that before but there is no way I am going to buy premium gas. Does this car need it?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assuming you are considering a turbocharged legacy, then yes premium is required. If you'd choose not to burn premium, your motor will knock, timing will get pulled and you'll wonder why those mustangs are pulling away from you. :)

which legacy?

and i've said this before, but the difference between regular and premium is about 20 cents. fill up for 10 gallons and the difference between regular and premium for the whole tank is 2 dollars.

if you cant make up the extra 2 dollars then you shouldnt be buying a turbo legacy in the first place.

car for sale. PM me!

Why do idiots keep posting topics about not using premium, RTFM!!!!

It says it on the inside of the gas tank door so you know its important.

If you still feel the need to ask a dumb question like this please use the search feature and insert your user name in the flaming

which legacy?

and i've said this before, but the difference between regular and premium is about 20 cents. fill up for 10 gallons and the difference between regular and premium for the whole tank is 2 dollars.

if you cant make up the extra 2 dollars then you shouldnt be buying a turbo legacy in the first place.

:whore:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Why do idiots keep posting topics about not using premium, RTFM!!!!

It says it on the inside of the gas tank door so you know its important.

If you still feel the need to ask a dumb question like this please use the search feature and insert your user name in the flaming

1. I haven't bought one yet so I can't look inside the gas tank door.:lol:

2. cars.com didn't say that the NA engine doesn't need premium nor does subura.com.

3. When you fill up twice a week paying for premium adds up.

1. I haven't bought one yet so I can't look inside the gas tank door.:lol:

2. cars.com didn't say that the NA engine doesn't need premium nor does subura.com.

3. When you fill up twice a week paying for premium adds up.

Just another consideration when putting cars on your short list. Any motor which is turbocharged from the factory will have the premium fuel requirement.

And in the big picture the difference between filling with regular or premium is just noise, considering the $$ laid out for the car initially.

At least IMNSHO. My car makes some good power, and I don't have any qualms about filling with either premium (91 in Colorado) or E85, depending on my mood. :)

Premium is +.25 where I live and .25x15g=$3.75x2 fillups/week x 4weeks/month=$30/month. I'd rather spend the $30 on something else.

then, like someone already said, maybe the GT isn't for you

no offense

plus, you shouldn't be filling up 15 gallons at a time, I always try to fill up with at least 1/4 tank left

plus, you shouldn't be filling up 15 gallons at a time, I always try to fill up with at least 1/4 tank left

I believe that's an old wives tail. I have always run my cars down to empty, or at least until the reminder light turns on.

ehh its not the same as a suby. vw are no fun. might as well get the NA legacy looks better. i think the power is almost same but jetta is a 5 cylinder? and besides you get AWD..but like i said thats boring ...turbo is the way to go..as for the gas i felt the same way as you before i made my purchase..but it does end up being only a few bucks more and right now i really dont mind with the gas prices...and since i live in chicago i consider premium an advantage for me.. not everyone gets 93 octane premium.

Archived