LegacyGT.com

Twisty's Dumb Questions (aka Smokey's progress thread)

That's kind of interesting actually, cause I absolutely hate my 3rd gen and would never trade it for the 2nd gen haha

I've never had a third gen (although my parents have their 2000 Outback that just turned 60K miles that I might end up with someday), although they are nice looking.

I think 2nd gens have more character. I would like to populate our entire family with them (3 already, but that isn't enough).:)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree, i think they look derpy compared to the 2nd gen. but its a decent car so far, and it runs well. im not getting rid of my 2nd gens anytime soon tho, i love the style way more than other cars.

i think i may have named this one derpy lol

so far ive straightened out the rad supports and pulled the front out enough for the lights and stuff to look normal, here is the progress on that one.

http://i68.tinypic.com/s6hqab.jpg

next is the bumper beam, i considered buying a new one but the damn things are over 300 bucks! **** that. ill fudge the busted one enough to fit well, check all the bulbs and get it inspected this week so i can start driving and playing with it over the weekend

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

wow, been a couple years since ive updated. and all my pics are gone... sucks.

sooo...

smokey the 95 FWD wagon. son messed up the trans, so i pulled the engine for a different car.

Lefty the 96 GT sedan. son let his GF drive it, she didnt keep up with fluids and spun a bearing after not telling anyone there was a decent oil leak. pulled the trans/ diff for a different car

Hank (the legend) 96 outback. a friend was using it for a couple months while rebuilding and upgrading her car, went a bit crazy and bounced it off a few dumpsters and unidentified objects, went on a cocaine cocktail bender, spun it three times on the freeway after the hood popped up and got it towed by DPS. i didnt find my car for almost a week, because the bender put her in a coma and she died two weeks later. that car still runs, but wheels are bent and cant see through windshield. its waiting for part out to help others...

hank jr the 97 outback. stil sitting in driveway with spun bearings, will eventually get an engine rebuilt for him

chip the 2001 H6 outback. got him running very well, has been my camping and trail car for a while now. just got the AC fixed like monday haha

BigUgly the 97 impreza OBS. still has the rednek 4-5" lift, put smokeys engine and leftys trans/ diff in it. got it all working well, registered it a few weeks ago and have been taking it out on trips lately. not sure if i could camp in it, might be too short for me.

thats the status of pretty much most of my vehicles, the civic is still around but im getting rid of that soon. the dodge truck got sold. harley is still there, as well as the 78 sportster.

how you guys been? =P

Glad to have you back. I've been using imgur.com for photos for a couple years now. Seems somewhat efficient.

Yeah I'm gonna need some photos of the lifted one big ugly lol

I'm just getting back in the swing of modding my project after keeping it on the back burner for a year or so myself.

and heres chip being a tent this past weekend. ended up with a slice in the inner sidewall, so hes down for a while. but we had a great time riding the trails up to that point haha

MhtCRba.jpg