LegacyGT.com

Anyone lowered the stock seats?

mbcracken

I have a 05 Wagon GT lmt with the leather heated seats. Yesterday I spent the day at the track, which was frickin' awesome! But, because of my height, my helmet was in contact with the ceiling the whole time. I had to turn my head slightly sidewise and did not make it a very relaxed seated position. I am 6'3" 205 and am normally pretty comfy, but not with a helmet.

Any suggestions on lower the stock seat. I am not interested in getting aftermarket seats (well, at least at this point). I did some searching and it appears that some folks have lowered thru working with a custom fabrication shop, right? Any easier solutions?

Cheers,

Mike

Manual cloth seat sits noticeably lower (I have two 05 wagons, one unlimited, one limited, so can compare).

Otherwise I'd check 2007+ leather seats. I was under impression they may go lower but I am not sure.

Manual cloth seat sits noticeably lower (I have two 05 wagons, one unlimited, one limited, so can compare).

Otherwise I'd check 2007+ leather seats. I was under impression they may go lower but I am not sure.

Any idea why this difference in seats? Less padding? Different railing? I didn't see any obvious difference in the vacation pics for the 05.

I was looking at the rear bolting patterns for the seats and it does not appear that those bolting points can be moved.

Cheers,

Mike

If you are asking about 05 seat differences - I don't really know. The back of the manual seat is simply lower than the power seat in it's lowest position.

If you are asking about 05 seat differences - I don't really know. The back of the manual seat is simply lower than the power seat in it's lowest position.

This is from floor to seat cushion top?

I was looking at the vacation pics a little closer and the rails are very different from the manual vs. power seats. The power seat railings, in the pics, seem to be almost twice as thick. That is probably where the height diff is coming from.

Dang!

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
You must be all leg. Damn.

all three of 'em.:lol: Like I said, I slouch a little in the seat, even though I keep the seat back pretty upright. With the seat bottom dropped as low as it goes, no issues.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Any idea why this difference in seats? Less padding? Different railing?

mostly due to the power equipment is under the seat.

if thats not there, the manual seats do not need to be that high.

not sure if thats the case with the Subaru seats, but at least with GM seats that i have dealt with it is.

Archived