LegacyGT.com

3 port ebcs to stock for smog

haycock

Im trying to get my car smogged and i replaced everything that i thought i needed to. so i got the car smogged and it turns out you cant have a aftermarket ebcs. i painted it all black so they wouldnt see it on the visual but it still failed. so my question is can i just swap it out with the stock one and drive it normal staying out of boost until i get it smogged? will it throw a code?

Thanks,

Bryan

You should be ok given the fact your oem bcs will require more wgdc to achieve the same boost so you shouldnt overboost in moderate driving. I wouldnt go romping on it...:)

Either that or i can send you a zero wgdc map it it makes you feel safer.

Email me and let me know.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

You should be ok given the fact your oem bcs will require more wgdc to achieve the same boost so you shouldnt overboost in moderate driving. I wouldnt go romping on it...:)

Either that or i can send you a zero wgdc map it it makes you feel safer.

Email me and let me know.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply on here and email. i just swaped it over and drove regular. it passed with ease on your tune.

Did it fail visual inspection or? Technically the FMIC could cause you to fail visual also.

It failed visual because of the ebcs. i painted it all black awhile ago to try to make it look stock but the smog tech was pretty good, he even knew it was a grimspeed.

I went to about 6 different smog shops and no one would smog it with the fmic until one shop said it was ok and found the page in the rule book that said it was exempt as long as the turbo was stock. thankfully i have the older style BNR 18G with a stock housing so he couldnt tell. he ended up not wanting to smog it because of the painted ebcs so i got a copy of the rules from him an went to another shop where the tech agreed with me the fmic was legal. but about halfway through he noticed the ebcs and failed me. so i put the stock one on and retested it for free and passed.

Archived