LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy Wagon 2.5i resale value

Looking to get rid of my Legacy. Dealers have been offering me 3500-4000 for trade in which is well below what kelley blue book shows...

One dealer is offering me 6k for it which at this point I'm thinking of just taking and never looking back... But just want to be sure I'm not hosing myself.

Any ideas what it would go for QUICKLY for private party.

Car has 95000miles and is in good to excellent condition.

It's silver 5 speed base model 95000 miles not one option. Cars in good shape but it's probably going to need a clutch soon.

It's a decent car although I hate it and there have been some issues with it that make me hesitant to even sell it private party.

hhhrrmmm... any other opinions?

It's so much easier to just dump it at a dealer and drive away in another car. I'm up to 6500 for the car at one maybe two dealers.

anyone have a ballpark idea of what I could expect private party? I can't seem to find any similar cars for sale... I mean from the number of GT's and other 2.5i's seems like almost 8-10k but can I ACTUALLY get that in a month or less??

well post an ad. list any details that pertain to the car, details, etc. look up kbb values and adjust asking price accordingly. there are people looking. only thing that can go wrong is you get low ball offers and you say now. give it a try. in a month, then trade it if you're on a time constraint. worst thing you can do is not try.

i guess i've been in this situation before with the family minivan. 2005 honda odyssey with 85k miles. bad torque converter, all motor mounts broken. looking at a 2k repair bill through dealer with no guarantee on it not happening again. so september of 2009, traded it for a 2010 Hyundai Sonata just to get rid of all the fuss. depends on the situation with the car, we got more than we asked for with the trade. if you're sick of it, just trade it, if its worth it to sell privately, then atleast try before trading it. =]

i think my guaranteed subaru trade in value on my 05 gt 5spd unlimited with 66k on it is like 8k so id think 6.5k isnt bad for a base 2.5. Obviously you can sell it private party for more than trade in, but like you said. its fast and easy just to trade it in.

i jsut bought a 2005 silber 2.5 i wangon base model for 6000$ cdn from a used car lot 155 000 km on it .. some dog interior damage and crack on the passenger side of the windscreen. and i love it !

sell privately but be up front with the cars problems .. mine is 9300$ cdn in the blue book .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

hah my 05 scion tc beat a mazda 6. they aren't really fast. But enjoy the car man. hopefully it works out for you

side note i almost bought a mazda 3 wagon a couple years ago. I liked it. Wanted the speed3 though just couldn't afford it.

Done... took 6500.00 USD from the Mazda dealer will be driving off into the sunset in a Mazda 3i Touring Sedan.

Congrats you bought a far superior car than non turbo Subaru. The Mazda 3 is a blast to drive especially the new 2.5L version of it.

The Mazda 6 is bleech at least in the rentals I have gotten.

It's done. 6500.00 cash in pocket, new Mazda 3i Touring in the driveway.

It's a really nice car for the cost. already like it more than I did the subaru on delivery (keep in mind my legacy was nothing but a headache since new).

It's got bluetooth stereo so I can stream music from my iPhone wirelessly which F'ing rules. It's only missing a few features the subaru had nothing major, besides the AWD obviously... although it always felt wastefull till I NEEDED it... or when it snowed then it was great/fun.

It's the base 2.0 engine with a 5 speed shiftable auto... it's definately fun. It's not as nicely equipped as the subaru but it's a different class of car, I like it a lot more than the 2010 Imprezza base model I test drove. It should be great for saving money on gas, not shifting during my commute, and giving me peace of mind not having to worry about imminent failure, and last but definately not least... I have 6500 dollars in my bank account.

Anyway thanks to all and no hard feelings... I still love the 05-09 Legacy GT and some of the STI's... but that's for another time.

Archived