LegacyGT.com

Clutch work in Sacramento area?

GoSix

My clutch decided to kick the bucket this weekend. I probably have one drive left before I'm going to need a tow. I have an appt with Maita on Tuesday. But after reading the forums, people are recommending aftermarket clutch and flywheel. Does Chris at Maita sell aftermarket clutch/flywheels? Otherwise I could order the parts and have them overnighted, I guess. I have $500 in Subaru bucks; so the dealership would be cheaper. If not, does DBTuned do clutch/flywheel upgrades?
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Would be awesome if I could drop the car off tonight for work on Monday. I left Paul a voicemail dbtuned and sent an e-mail. Otherwise I'll have to wait to drop it off Monday night :(
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Would be awesome if I could drop the car off tonight for work on Monday. I left Paul a voicemail dbtuned and sent an e-mail. Otherwise I'll have to wait to drop it off Monday night :(

he sometimes lurks iclub on sundays. You might be able to get him via PM. However he might have to order the clutch

Well, I couldn't wait, I need my car up and running ASAP. Chris at Maita is getting me the Exedy Stage 2 and LWFW. I have an appt Weds for the install. At least I'll be able to use my $500 subaru bucks to help ease the pain.

Wow, that was pricey! I hope it's worth it. Glad I went with the Stage 2, though. Stage 1 can only support up to 287lb-ft, and I'm already at 270....and you never know what I'll do next :icon_twis. Stage 2 can take 326.

$676 for Exeda Stage 2 Clutch

$384 for Exeda LWFW

$150 throwout bearing (may not need...probably already included in kit)

$660 labor.

+ tax.

-$500 subaru bucks.

The clutch and lwfw prices seem competitive with prices I saw online (most places had cheaper clutch, but more expensive flywheel). Big loss is on the install, $660 at Maita versus $450 at DbTuned.

Archived