LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

^^^not a bad video, nice tires by the way, what brand....theyare summer?
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im trying the exhaust tomarrow hoggy before my RI meet, clearing my headlights tonight, new tires earlier today, and 30k service tom. morning. should be rollin tight for the meet tomarrow

^^^not a bad video, nice tires by the way, what brand....theyare summer?

Thanks!

The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires. I absolutely love them. Unbelievably expensive, but well worth it.

The summer equivalent of these (Pilot Sport, or Pilot Sport Exalto) are also excellent tires. My brother's 330Ci came with Pilot Sport's on it, and he cannot say enough about them.

In addition, my grandma puts Pilot Sport's on her Porsche 911, and loves them! Michelin did something right with this tire, that's for sure.

woot. another convert. A wagon this time; I don't think there are many of you...mainly because most wagons were autos...

Mine's an auto. But what's it matter? It sounds awesome either way!

Don't know how long I'm going to keep it at stage 2. Might give stage 1 a shot tomorrow. Stage 2 is nice, but not really fitting for an outback. I admittedly love how quiet the car is stock, but the boxer purr is nice.

If I end up with a Legacy 3.0R, it'll be interesting to hear this mod on that beast. I bet it sounds epic!

Probably been covered in here somewhere, but I don't feel like looking :lol:

I helped a guy change out the stock cans for some aftermarket ones. He had the Hog-zawast upgrade for awhile...

Due to the extra heat and condensation, the flanges looked as if they had been in the Northeast winters (with salt) for about 8 years...

The bolts had completely seized on one side. It took an extractor to remove them, after copious amounts of PB Blaster. A plasma torch would have been easier :lol:

Just a public service announcement to let you know that letting exhaust out where it isn't meant to come out can be detrimental... ;)

+1 i enjoy my sleeper! no offense hog.

brian

I am just going by what some said - that they didn't like the sound on an auto. I have no experience with that, though. Glad you like it!

I like it (and my wife likes it!). I have an auto wagon..

HV

stage 1.5 5EAT here. sounds good to me

hahahaha yesssss people are enjoying the .5 revolution hahaha yessss!!! victory is mine

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

It sounds good, is it an easy (in the driveway) install?

Cost?

yea mind you, go to a auto parts store, it all costed me 78 cents, luckily I had the tools and the super pentrant...ahh that tarlooking stuff is soooo strong....kinda scared me when it was black.....looked so powerul...my pinky fell off

I did mine today, two washers each bolt. forgot to take the gasket off on the right side but it started to rain so I just left it on with the gasket ill take that off in a few days. Took the gasket off on the left side was easy maybe 20 minutes since I was laying on a gravel driveway under the car with no jack or anything. Did it today in the girlfriends appartment driveway. at idle I seem to hear a little pfhsss hissing/clicking sound as it idles but sounds great when driving. can only hear the sound if your standing behind the car listening for it. Car really sounds quiet as stock at dead stop idle to me but has a nice little burble in the low RPMs. Much happier with overall sound after this, AVO filter, and airbox silencer delete. With the AVO filter I can hear a lot more woooosh and if your listening even hear the stock BOV working too...

I was in newport RI where everything is a jack and the washers (8 of them) were 18 cents a pop so it was like a dollar forty I think, but still cheap.

I didnt have trouble getting the bolts off just a good hard pull on the socket driver. I just used the full half inch driver with the maybe 12 or 14 inch driver. I have a 22" breaker bar in the tool box but didnt even have to get it out to do mine. Def some rust on the flanges but just made sure to keep eyes to side and not directly under what I was working on...

Should hold me over nicely till I can get an AP, Gut all 3 cats, and hear how stock cans sound or get an aftermarket CBE

Take it from someone who has walked in your shoes: Gut your downpipe and midpipe cats, and just buy an NEW catless uppipe. Seriously. You don't want to mess with it. The $150 saved is not worth it.

I have a new Bosal UP, gutted down and mid - and run PDX Stage 2. Oh baby. The smell in the morning is fabulous. So good I just run my car with the garage door closed a little while to concentrate it. It's like when your pumping gas, but all around you instead.

I hope I don't go a little too long one day...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Take it from someone who has walked in your shoes: Gut your downpipe and midpipe cats, and just buy an NEW catless uppipe. Seriously. You don't want to mess with it. The $150 saved is not worth it.

I have a new Bosal UP, gutted down and mid - and run PDX Stage 2. Oh baby. The smell in the morning is fabulous. So good I just run my car with the garage door closed a little while to concentrate it. It's like when your pumping gas, but all around you instead.

I hope I don't go a little too long one day...

yeah I have heard about the UP gutting troubles and people have said if you leave some sort of debris in the UP you can suck it into your turbo vs the DP if something gets sucked through its just going into your exhaust. Invidia UPs going for pretty cheap on a few sites ive seen...

hahahaha yesssss people are enjoying the .5 revolution hahaha yessss!!! victory is mine

sorrrrry......but a sintral valley LGT owner in Cali showed me the 1.5 mod:cool:

1.5 means 3 washers on each flange (one top two bottom)

sorrrrry......but a sintral valley LGT owner in Cali showed me the 1.5 mod:cool:

1.5 means 3 washers on each flange (one top two bottom)

okay i'll give you that one

Today, I cleaned the flange part since rust was blocking the gap between the flange. It only had been a year since I went to hogzaust stage 2 and it was rusted like hell. Took several hours to take them out. Instead of rusted like hell nuts and bolts, I went to shop to buy couple of SS nuts and bolts and reaplaced them. Hopefully, it doesn't rust that bad for next few years in the salt road of Canada.

I have found something werid though. Even after cleaning the surfaces of flanges and instaled SS nuts and bolts, the left side of the exhuast with hogzaust stage 2 was sounding like washer vibratiing. I went to tighten it a bit but it didn't go away until I gave stage 3 a shot. I don't know what is wrong with my car:lol:. I think stage 3 is too loud but stage 2 for my car makes very noticeble high pitch and loud vibrating sound during idle so I have no choice.

Edit: BTW does the exhaust fume enter the cabin when the car is on idle? I am scared cause at Stage 3 almost 90 percent of air comes out from the space provided by the washers.