LegacyGT.com

Bad news to Canadian Legacy GT/Outback XT Fans!!

WorldRallyBlue

Found this over on NASIOC, Looks authentic! :mad:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444552

Bad news, according to the 2009 Legacy and Outback Order sheets, the Legacy GT and Outback XT are dead http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif Not only that, they replaced the GT sedan with the rather lethargic 3.0R sedan!!

Here are copies of the order sheets:

2009 Legacy:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/08LEGACYGT/2009-Legacy.jpg?t=1202495098

2009 Outback Models:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/08LEGACYGT/2009-Outback.jpg?t=1202495337

Only good news I see: Harmon Kardon speakers and a White Spec-B!!

So Canadians, get your 2008 Legacy GT wagon or sedans or Outback XT's while you still can as you are SOL come 2009!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think this is true. But if it is, they can sit on it and rotate - I am not going to buy another Subaru. :mad:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

They still have the specB which is essentially a slightly more optioned GT anyway. Sad to lose the wagons though.

I am a wagon guy. Spec B sedan availability does not make me feel any better.

They still have the specB which is essentially a slightly more optioned GT anyway. Sad to lose the wagons though.

In a way LGT should have always been SpecB, at least suspension wise. JDM LGT = USDM SpecB except 6spd. The thing was that LGT, especially 05 non-limited was truly a bargain and truly a sports sedan - reasonably lightweight and fast.

But then, it just makes sense to make SpecB Wagon along SpecB sedan.... too bad Canadians did not have balls to introduce one. All the parts are available, since SIA still will be making N/A wagons for them.

Bwahahha! Subaru is following the path of Isuzu... I posted this over on NASIOC:

All Subarus models are pretty damn close mechanically. Various flavors of Legacy/Outback are still the same chassis, using very similar/same components found on the Impreza and Forester. There shouldn't be that much cost savings eliminating trim lines.

Hell for 2009, aren't all Subarus now based on variations of the Legacy chassis?

Very glad I got my unlimited, red, LGT 5MT wagon when I did.

I'm not getting what Subaru is doing with reducing the number of trims for the Legacy. Most car makers ADD special/limited editions as the model head toward the end of it's production life to stimulate demand. Subaru is doing the oppose. :confused:

This makes it that much more official.

Subaru has no respect for any performance oriented Legacy-line buyer.

They will push their ugly new Impreza as their performance car, regardless.

If I can't replace my car in kind, I am certainly not going to buy another subaru.

Maybe this new Toyota coupe + boxer project will pan out, but at this point what hope is there left to be had.

Good job nailing your own coffin closed, morons. (Subaru management)

Spec B sedan as the only turbo car, in only gray and white. They re-introduce red as Ruby Red, but then don't offer it on the HIGH PERFORMANCE MODEL????

Did someone beat these people with the stupid stick??? If not, can I, metaphorically speaking?

I think this is GOOD NEWS not bad.

Subaru will stop making legacy gt and outback xt, and replace it with All new Legacy STI (2010 model).

I hope this.

Legacy STI will never happen in NA. There's no market for GT models, and STI Impreza is alot more mechanically than WRX. To see hem dump so much money in a niche market model is unreal.

Wow! My USDM LGT Ltd 5MT SWP Wagon is looking more and more rare all the time. I truly hope they pick up on (read: understand) the need for a performance wagon, as well as a performance sedan (both with MT or DSG as a minimum) in the USDM. As much I hate to think about it, this could force me to re-look at Audi as they appear to be the only other AWD system that's oriented correctly. But, getting it in a MT might be equally problematic there too.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Maybe the states will follow suit and the spec-B will drop in price?

I think it's SCI way of getting around pricing issues between Canada and US on the LGT.

They'll probably drop the price of the spec. B by a couple or a few thousand.

Just get rid of the Legacy in North America once and for all Subaru, ya big tease!

Don't give them any wrong ideas ! :lol::lol::lol:

No limited 2.5i? How lame! I refuse to own a car w/o leather and I dont want the Turbo. I hope the TDI motor comes quickly or I might have to switch brands. :(

Sounds like a 3.0R might be right up your alley.

Or the TDI boxer...

But we turbo fanatics may be getting the short end of the resulting stick.

And despite ongoing rumors of an STI Legacy are not new, and have yet to come to fruition, despite the STI-tuned Legacy in Japan and Australia.

I have been a big proponent of the Spec B coming down to the GT Limited's price point. But that is contingent on a couple of things.

First, full color and option availability. Auto or 6-speed. Nav optional. Full color palette (black interior if not a choice).

Also, I suggested that the GT limited move down to the GT non-limited's price point, at about $26k, not get dropped altogether.

A continuation of the no-customization policy of the spec b, with one or two paint colors, and no other optional choices, is not a good plan.

White and Gray are not a choice. How hard is it to paint them the rest of the colors on the list????? Especially if they are going to have it be the ONLY turbocharged model.

Archived