LegacyGT.com

what is up is with the driver's seat issue?

dosta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am 6 foot 235 pounds and i find the seats very uncomfortable, my back hurts a lot in those seats, at one point i wanted to sell the car, but then i bought a special memory foam back support, and now i am fine. it costed me $ 250 but it was well woth it, i have put 6000 miles on it in 7 weeks and it has been a great car so far.

I am 6 foot 235 pounds and i find the seats very uncomfortable, my back hurts a lot in those seats, at one point i wanted to sell the car, but then i bought a special memory foam back support, and now i am fine. it costed me $ 250 but it was well woth it, i have put 6000 miles on it in 7 weeks and it has been a great car so far.

Hate to ask the obvious, but have you tried the lumbar lever on the console-side of the seat?

I'm 6', 210#s, with short legs (33" inseam), long arms (37" sleeve) and a "swayback" that needs lumbar support. Basically, I have to scoot the seat up closer to get good clutch action, and tilt the seat back to get away from the wheel.

FWIW, I've had the inflatable lumbar supprt in other cars, but the LGT lumbar works well for me. I have done long trips in it (two 1,100+ mile days each way to/from AZ) and the seats have been comfortable.

The other day I read a review of the legacy/outback seats with a complaint that said they were too narrow. They are a bit narow, but not enough to bother me (my thighs sit on the bolsters, not on the seat between the bolsters) but I see where it could be an issue for some who is "bigger" than I am.

The LGT seats have the usual complaint (shared with most seats out there) that the bottom pad is too short to get support closer to my knees. Only way around this is to have an extendable pad like some of the old factory Recaro seats (like the GT Mustangs had in the '80s).

Ron

6' 190# here... didn't like the cloth seats due to lack of thigh support for longer rides, so I ended up with the leather. I prefer cloth (doesn't get as cold/hot, doesn't let you slide around) but no car maker seems to like to make good cloth seats... :icon_neut

5' 7" 150Lbs electric seats in the limited are sexy and comfortable.

:) Even on three hour drives I find myself ok for the duration of the trip.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

facebook.com/mike.mcrae.me

twitter.com/mcraeme

6'7" 250lb. manual seats. They are fine for me. If you are really braod, you may have some issues with the thigh bolsters digging into your legs, and if broad and not tall, you may have trouble with the side bolsters digging into your lats. The length of the seat bottom is a little short for tall folks, but better it be as short as it is than another couple of inches longer and cutting off circulation.

If you are about 6'2" and wide, you are goig to have some issues I think.

The power seats are more accomodating.

Then again, I could have bought a Benz.

If you would have bought a benz then you may have been even more comfortable, seeing that your wallet in your back pocket would have been thinner allowing you to sit better on your seat! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

---

the seats are definitely the worst part of the car....there is no lateral support whatsoever...i have to use my knees and elbow to brace myself when going around corners at speed. They are also reeeally firm...hoping theyll break in a bit over time.

The Saab its replacing has some of the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever driven...which makes the difference even more noticeable.

thats definitely good news....other than the seats ive been in love with the car. over 1000 miles in the last week and definitely missed the comfort of the saab seats, especially on the drive back from phoenix.

its not a huge problem as this is my wifes car...i have another toy for track days :D

Archived