LegacyGT.com

Blown turbo.= New sti engine

Hey guys, long story short, let my buddy borrow my car so I could use his trucks trailer, and the idiot blew my turbo racing his buddy over n over again. Some friend. Anways, metal in the oil pan so I thought new short block was coming however my buddy is the parts manager at Subaru and he felt bad for me and just texted me and said he is putting in a 2015 sti short block and oil pump! I am pretty excited about this. What kind of gains can I expect from this over the lgt short block? This will be coupled with a vf52 and fmic. Cost: $5500 incl labor. Not including turbo because I bought that previously. Hoping to be at 300whp and 330 wtq. Thoughts?

see my click here link, and #'s in my sig.

I hope they are rebuilding the heads too. Everything needs to cleaned, your oil cooler should also be replaced.

Where in CT are you ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

see my click here link, and #'s in my sig.

I hope they are rebuilding the heads too. Everything needs to cleaned, your oil cooler should also be replaced.

Where in CT are you ?

Ok sweet, so then not a huge deal then over a regular lgt block. New heads as well. Buddy had a set from a lgt. I will ask about the oil cooler. I am in Fairfield county

If it's done right, get the car off the factory MAP, you'll have lots of trouble free miles of fun.

I have about 38,000 miles on the ej257 now. Mike Kinsman of www.tuningalliance.com in Vernon CT, just off exit 65, dose my tunes. The wagon get's 26-27mpg on the highway.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

If you're hoping to see those numbers, you're gonna need more than the turbo and intercooler, you'll need injectors and a fuel pump. It wouldn't hurt to get an EBCS as well. Are you doing Open-source or AP tuning?

Do you have a turbo-back exhaust yet?

I am confident it will be done right. fingers crossed! I was hoping to have a bit higher whp/wtq numbers, but reliability and seat of the pants fun is all that really matters. My car was making 262/282 on 93!

If you're hoping to see those numbers, you're gonna need more than the turbo and intercooler, you'll need injectors and a fuel pump. It wouldn't hurt to get an EBCS as well. Are you doing Open-source or AP tuning?

Do you have a turbo-back exhaust yet?

Have fuel pump, catless turbo back. Open-source :)

I don't think its anything internal such as the short block that is making the power. I'll bet its the tune.

Not sure about the 2015, but over years, this has been talked about. the crank is better and may be the pistons are shaped a little different.

When you get a ej257 the block still has stamped into it, ej25 you can see it in my picture.

Archived