LegacyGT.com

Answers: 2005 vs 2006 Legacy GT Differences

My Legacy sedan has a hook, but it's maybe an inch tall, and it's close enough to the seat that it's never been a problem.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take a picture when I'm not falling asleep... :)

It is tall enough to be a problem. It doesn't seem that far back when the seet is already in the furthest position back it can be... the hook is exposed...

I'm 6'2"... 200+ pounds... Can you see why I couldn't buy a sub-compact :)

Audis are great cars when they're on the road. I never knew about the problems people had until I had a friend with a nice A4.

Its been in the shop 2 out of the last 4 months. There was some kind of oil pressure problem. It was loosing pressure big time.

Then just recently the clutch/tranny is giving out. We were traveling up to Reno, NV from the Sac valley and he punched it and the revs jumped and the car didn't move. UH OH! He's liking my subaru more and more. Maybe someday he'll make the switch.

The worst thing I've heard was this weeks news. His battery goes out so he replaces it but I guess in his car you need a factory code to get the radio back on. He had it in his email from the last time this happened but his computer crashed. (He's having an unlucky month) so he didn't have the code.

He called the one and only audi shop in the area and they told him to schedule an appointment. He could not convince anyone to give him the code on the phone no matter how long he had been a customer. He told them it was already in his file and that he had the code sent to him a few months back but their only response was "I can set an appointment for you if you'd like" despite his screaming they did nothing. I'm not sure if he ever went in but he's not happy!

I love subaru!

The beauty of bigger cars: more cabin room.

fixed.

When I had my A4, I parked next to an Accord, and the Accord was a good foot longer (someone's going to correct me and say it's only 8.65" or something, but looking down from a 4th floor window, it looked like a foot). It's not surprising that the Accord had a bigger cabin. I still park next to the same Accord, and it's quite a bit longer than the LGT as well.

• 2 months later...
Does the dome light gradually come on automatically when you pull the key from the ignition in the 2005?

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Audis are great cars when they're on the road. I never knew about the problems people had until I had a friend with a nice A4.

Its been in the shop 2 out of the last 4 months. There was some kind of oil pressure problem. It was loosing pressure big time.

You friend is having the Oil Sludge problem. It amoung hundreds of other issues is considered a Known Issue.

I just sold my A4 with 140K miles on it and replaced with the the LGT. Over the last five years (All of it outside of warranty) I spent $10K on maintenance and repairs (Mainly Repairs). Plus my car was not modded and was totally stock. I'll never own another Audi!

Supposedly, Toyota extended the extended warranty, past 150 K, 10 years. I got 165 K before a $3 K engine rebuild (a second one, the first was covered by Toyota) made me decide.

Not sure if the second extension is true. Even so, the Legacy is a lot more enjoyable.

• 14 years later...
Good info! http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/498/hail1mx.gif

BTW I believe the chrome rocker panel trim is still optional. Although the price has dropped signicantly (now lists at $129).

Good to know they've fixed the reverse gear annoyance and the suspension clunking...

The suspension clunk is still present on my 06. So is the squealing brakes. I have had the dealer change the rotors and pads to three different types. They still squeal a little but it's much better than before. The hesitation u talk about is the turbo lag or no? Mine has a lot of turbo lag BUT I actually like that. It's like being shot out of a 2 liter soda bottle with soda and pop rocks. Lol. The new rotors they put on are really weird. Half the rotor is raised. The part where the pads meet the rotor is higher than the inside part of the rotor? I can honestly say I've never seen a rotor like this. Very strange

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is the largest bump I think I've seen on this forum yet! Your car is an old car now man. Any issues with it are probably not factory anymore.

I have stock rotors and pads and get squeal. It's part of the way of life with performance car brakes. Also these cars don't really have any turbo lag because of how small the turbo is. Compared to a modern twin-scroll, sure, but it's barely noticeable.

The suspension clunk is still present on my 06. So is the squealing brakes. I have had the dealer change the rotors and pads to three different types. They still squeal a little but it's much better than before. The hesitation u talk about is the turbo lag or no? Mine has a lot of turbo lag BUT I actually like that. It's like being shot out of a 2 liter soda bottle with soda and pop rocks. Lol. The new rotors they put on are really weird. Half the rotor is raised. The part where the pads meet the rotor is higher than the inside part of the rotor? I can honestly say I've never seen a rotor like this. Very strange

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I saw your other post too.

I recently added some info and pictures here, may be that may help with things I've learned. I've been doing my brake jobs for many many years, I'm still learning.

I had issues in the spring with the outer 1/2" of the rotor was wearing at a different height then further down the same surface. I'll try and find those pictures.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/clints-tips-and-tricks-brakes-58401.html

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 year later...

I wonder if the headlight housings from 2006 are better than the uber-crappy projector H7 dim lights on the 2005.

3 different Bulb changes have gone nowhere (150% brighter my azz) and the car is downright dangerous to drive at night with dims.

I've tried several to no avail, and wonder if the 06's are completely different - as it looks like they may be, and if they would fit in an 05?