LegacyGT.com

Tire letter paint, what do I use?

Soarin

In about a week I'm going to wash, wax, and detail my LGT inside and out. I also just got a new set of Hankook tires and want "Hankook" and "Ventus" to stick out.

I know this isn't a new question, but what should I use to paint the letters?

I've been looking on other forums and silver Sharpie markers work and apparently the actual tire paint pens aren't great cause the white turns brown.

I want something that will work well and last, but not look terrible as it wears away.

In about a week I'm going to wash, wax, and detail my LGT inside and out. I also just got a new set of Hankook tires and want "Hankook" and "Ventus" to stick out.

I know this isn't a new question, but what should I use to paint the letters?

I've been looking on other forums and silver Sharpie markers work and apparently the actual tire paint pens aren't great cause the white turns brown.

I want something that will work well and last, but not look terrible as it wears away.

If you want a long term solution, getting stencil cut rubber lettering seems the best way to go, its a bit pricey , but supposedly lasts the lifetime of the tire and is cleanable, TredWear makes custom ones in different colors and sizes, they either have the stencil/font already , or you send them some pictures and measurements otherwise

Archived