LegacyGT.com

Compression ratio

how much of an increase could i push out of both a 2.2 and a 2.5 with those upgrades?

a turbo just doesn't suit my car for my driving style.

unless you are going to severely raise your CR (13:1)with a full build with cams and a tune for c16 so you dont detonate, you arent going to see anything substantial like you would with a turbo install and you will spend more than the equivalent turbo install. most n/a subaru builds get around 200 crank HP. thats with all bolt-ons, p/p everything, spacers and cams with the right tune.

its just not worth the $$$.

As above, you could do thinner headgasket, there may be some head that you can swap with as well but you may have valve clearance issues. Really you need longer stroke on the crank, longer rods or taller pistons.. bringing the CR up to give you some more bottom end then using cams to bring the power further up the rev range and then do some head work to get a higher rev limit (but there may be things that start failing at that point such as oil pump etc). With all that money, you will have much much better value for money from a turbo engine swap, you would probably even have some left over to tweak the setup to give you N/A-like response.

so is there any way to build it to atleast a 15:1 compression ratio?

Yes you will need about $15000.

Custom pistons will do the trick. But you will need upgraded rods, cams, valves, springs, bearings, transmission, standalone, race fuel and a new block.

Archived