LegacyGT.com

HID Install. Need help

Just picked a couple HID kits for my headlights and fog lamps for my 05 LGT wagon. Anyone know of any DIY threads on this? Doesn't seem too hard, but any help would be appreciated. Do i need to disable DRL? Please help.

• 1 year later...

Do you need to disable your DRL? No. But should you? Absolutely, yes.

Are there any threads available? Oh, most definitely. Here's all the threads that I used to guide me through my TRS Morimoto H1 Retrofit + HID fog installs on my 08:

1) DRL disable

2) Taking apart headlight assembly + blacking out

3) TRS Morimoto installs on 2013 LGT

4) Morimoto Retrofit on an 08

5) Another TRS retrofit - better details on screws that hold headlight assembly in place.

6) If you're doing a simple plug and play install

7) Install with new TRS brackets (if you're going that route)

8) HID fog light install

That should pretty much answer every question you'll come across during installs.

Do you need to disable your DRL? No. But should you? Absolutely, yes.

Are there any threads available? Oh, most definitely. Here's all the threads that I used to guide me through my TRS Morimoto H1 Retrofit + HID fog installs on my 08:

1) DRL disable

2) Taking apart headlight assembly + blacking out

3) TRS Morimoto installs on 2013 LGT

4) Morimoto Retrofit on an 08

5) Another TRS retrofit - better details on screws that hold headlight assembly in place.

6) If you're doing a simple plug and play install

7) Install with new TRS brackets (if you're going that route)

8) HID fog light install

That should pretty much answer every question you'll come across during installs.

thanks so much!

No worries. The wiring is pretty straight forward too - the only issue might be finding places to mount the ballasts. Headlights (assuming you're going with 35W lows) will need a relay to avoid flickering and issues with inconsistent turning on and off. Fogs, if you're going with 35W, won't need a relay. Would not recommend 55W for either.

hid's are going into my fog lights but they are yellow and they are aimed low. i have them on my wife's wrx and she loves them on inclement weather especially during at night. those are also yellow. i cant stand the truck that put white fog lights and have them aimed so high that they blind everyone on the road.

No worries. The wiring is pretty straight forward too - the only issue might be finding places to mount the ballasts. Headlights (assuming you're going with 35W lows) will need a relay to avoid flickering and issues with inconsistent turning on and off. Fogs, if you're going with 35W, won't need a relay. Would not recommend 55W for either.

where can i source out this relay? i think that my headlight is a 35w kit but when i tested it out yesterday i didnt see any signs of it flickering or will this happen later on down the road? thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it.

Archived