LegacyGT.com

Car on Ramps: Quick Question!! RSB

toolbox1

Cars on ramps now...I took the old rear sway off no problem and put in the avo mounts and im installing a 20mm whiteline adjustable bar. Anyone have a problem with lining up the new sway with the AVO Mounts? I got one side in no problem (left the bolts loose) but now Im having trouble getting the passenger side to line up. The bushing clamp is sitting much to low to install the frame bolts. Should it be this hard? Or should it line right up?? Laying on my back im pushing the sway bar up but I'm concerned to go any further if its not the correct thing to do. Any quick help would be appreciated? FYI..I picked up the bar used from a member on here...hope its the right bar.

Note: Attempting to put it on the stiffest setting.

Make sure the bushing clamp is facing the right way. If it's really dirty, you might not see the arrow that indicates if it's upside-down or not. It happened to me too

This, and loosen up the side you bolted down.

The way I found to make the RSB install easier is to align both brackets by hand-tightening each side down then wrenching them down going back and forth until all 4 bolts are bolted all the way in.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived