LegacyGT.com

Installed Full Set of WRX pedals and deadpedal...Lot 'o Pics

GranTourer

Just got my WRX deadpedal from Autospeed today. I finished up installing all the WRX pedals including the accelerator pedal today and boy was it a lot easier than I thought.

Since we get electronic throttle in the '05 Legacy, there was no need to pull an accelerator cable or anything like that. Thankfully the throttle springs are attached to the whole pedal assembly, so to remove the stock pedal assembly you simply unplug the electronic harness (thumb squeeze-and-pull deal) and undo two 12mm bolts.

Slide the assembly off and one can then follow Scoobymod's directions from there.

Here are some pics:

1512875430_interiorshot.jpg.a2e5001f127b0673a3a545a3c2191ff7.jpg

105499054_allpedals.jpg.9895f2f292021a4cdf1d31dc357d21c4.jpg

229641211_pedalcoverinstalled.jpg.c17886ca13a4ad323924aa79b1a1038c.jpg

1201080514_stockpedals.jpg.9521e3a6e046a78e38ad4a906b6c8ea4.jpg

1717073777_throttlepedaloverview2.jpg.946e9872c1df47c35d1205501c026bef.jpg

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, you are awesome! That looks great. Thanks for being the guinea pig for everyone. Now no one's going to buy the STi pedals.

Yeah thanks! Although it doesn't have the cherry red all over it (which would be nice to have), it looks a lot cleaner than the STI pedals. There is no unsightly screw panel on the side of the pedals, if you know what I mean.

-ben

Nice work, I would have to agree that those are much more subtle than the STi pedals. Very nice. I need to install a dead pedal when I get my car. Of course mine will have to be in cherry red to match my pedals. Nice work!

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

Seeing that throttle assembly gives me an idea to put spacers underneath to raise it for easier heel-toe. Would there be any problem with doing that?

There would be no problems putting some spacers under the bolts b/c the protruding thread is fairly tall (~6mm).

That looks great. Did you get all of the pedals from Autospeed?

Only the deadpedal was from Autospeed as they don't sell the factory WRX pedals. I ordered the clutch, brake, and accel pedals from Subaruparts.com for ~$50.

Yeah is there a cherry red dead pedal to match the STi ones?

Unfortunately no, unless you buy the JDM STi pedal set, but even then the deadpedal wouldn't fit b/c it's for RHD. Also the STi deadpedal, dimensions wise, doesn't fit the USDM deadpedal area.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Awesome! After seeing the silly rubber pedals in my Outback XT, I've been thinking about this- what a great solution! And it doesn't have to have the pink rubber thingies like what they offer at the dealer!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Just out of curiosity, is there better grip or other functional benefit or are these just bling?

They look sweet. I have that same interior so I now know exactly how it would look. Thanks!

I'd say it's just bling. In fact, I'm re-considering doing this, as my WRX pedals always seemed really slippery when wet. I do, however, want the deadpedal- that plasticky dead pedal does not look like it belongs in a 30 thousand dollar car.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that's funny, Autospeed magazine :lol: Yep, the last link you posted is for the Autospeed that makes Subaru parts. I actually ordered mine through MastroWRX so I wouldn't pay tax. Same product same price.

Great... now I feel doubly goofy. :oops:

I couldn't find Autospeed dead pedal via Google except for MastroWRX so I ordered it from there earlier this evening. I wonder why it never showed up at Autospeedperformance.com?

FWIW, MastroWRX got pretty good feedback on nasioc.

Archived