LegacyGT.com

Question about SI-Drive on 2.5GT

You're welcome and don't worry about changing it. Just don't change it in excess.

The "S#" button on your steering wheel was apparently placed there in case you were in I or S mode and needed the extra ooomph such as in passing another car.

-ben

Howdy all I just got my 08 LGT and have been having mucho fun with SI-Drive. Nothing better than being in 'I' at 3200 rpm and switching to S#. Very cool to be able to change the mapping on the fly.

Since newer LGT's have electronic throttle SI drive can come in handy for certain driving situations. It also changes the rev shift points. Correct me if I am wrong.

I= Intelligence mode Ex. I am cruising on the highway I can get more MPG by putting the car into I mode, the car spitting less fuel into the combustion chamber. This mode also gives slower throttle response.

S= Sport mode for almost every day driving, this mode gives you 3/4 beans throttle.

S#= Sport Sharp! This mode gives you full beans throttle and lets you explore full potential of that perky four boxer turbo. MPG drops a ton when on full throttle.

On the highway toward Chicago and I am stuck behind a minivan that says "go brewers" my FIB instincts tell me to press the S# button on the steering wheel (which kicks the SI drive from I to S#) and pass the cheese heads like the FIB I am (probably 12mph over speed limit).

:spin:

You can probably get higher mileage in S or S# than I, if you have a manual, because you can be in higher gears as you open the throttle more. This will save like 15% fuel because of fewer induction losses. Of course, nobody actually does this....

• 6 years later...

Archived