LegacyGT.com

2100 miles = 25.5 mpg adverage

Hello gang, just thought I would share our recent road trip to daytona beach. We went about 2100 miles, and did 90% of those on the highway, with the cruise set about 80mph. the car computer says it got 25.5 mpg over that span.

It was fully loaded, 4 adults, + bags. Only mods on are

3" turbo back and cobb 91 ots map.

I am pretty happy with the mileage. It could have been better if we went 70 but its all good.

My trip computer is always more accurate for higher MPG than for city? Last time I took any sort of long trip I was able to average 31mpg (flat TX driving) according to the computer and when I filled up I calculated 30.5mpg.

But I just recently filled up after 100% city driving. Computer read 18.6mpg...I calculated 17mpg.

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of my mileage since January: Total mpg = 24.2 with a StdDev of 2.9 over 14k miles. (I had 3 months of almost weekly trips to OH for business.) I am not light on the gas pedal and like to keep my hwy cruise control set at 77 (with a sharp eye on my Passport!)...

Over the past 2 weeks, I've tried driving "normally" with no highway miles and managed 24.8mpg -> just wanted to see what I could do to save money at the pump. (trip computer said 24.0mpg, so it does not always err on the high side...)

Mods that would affect mileage: Cobb Catted DP, Perrin TMIC, K&N Panel Filter, Innovative Stage2 protune

I went 300miles up north to my grandparents over thre 4th weekend. the computer said 27.9 there and back at 70-80mph the whole way, i calculated 27.1 so its not that off. As for goin 300miles on half a tank the needle lies, if you were getting 26mpg times the size of our tank that only comes out to 436miles to a tank so 300 would be way more than half.

I live in denver co and get 27-29 mpg actual on every tank. i think that the elevation saps power from the motor and results in better mileage. move to high elevation for good mileage.

I live in denver co and get 27-29 mpg actual on every tank. i think that the elevation saps power from the motor and results in better mileage. move to high elevation for good mileage.

My experience as well (plus no ethanol crap in most of these states). When I drove by high elevation areas mileage goes up. But then is negated in mountainous terrain.

Archived