LegacyGT.com

How much are you paying for insurance?

I finally got my Legacy LGT yesterday. I'll do my official forum membership announcement when I get pictures. For the meantime, I'm trying to get insurance for my car. So far the lowest I've been quoted is by AAA at $1600 annually with deductibles of $250 for collision and $250 for comprehensive. I was told that why my insurance is so high is because I'm single, 25 years old, and a brand new car. So, how much is everybody paying and with what company? Thanks, DC!

I wish I could tell you but 1) I'm in Davis, but 19 and 2) I don't have a Legacy just yet... There are a few people that I think might be able to help. Someone on the boards named "bemani" is from the Sac. area and he might be of assistance. Also, what color/options did you get on your car and where? Or should I just wait for the pictures? :)
-ben

I'm probably the record holder. $2790 a year with 500 deductible, and 300/100k on Bodily Injury because it is a lease with Liberty Mutual's "Special" company discount. I'm single, 20 yrs old, and a recent-grad w/ 2 previous speeding violations. Mojo
I keed I keeed

State farm - ~$1200 for 6 months, 500k injury, $500 deductible. 26, clean driving record since I was 18 (when I got my license). Went to J.D. Power to look at insurance ratings, I think Amica was #1 -- got a quote from them and it was even higher.

I just got a new 05 Outback XT and an 05 Legacy 2.5I and along with my 1996 Dodge Neon, I pay $1200 every six months, I'm 24 and I only have 1 "safety violation" on my record, got pulled for a radar detector in VA. While the wife (22) has 2 speeding tickets on hers, she's on the 2.5I. $250 deductible, 500,000 standard coverage. Oh yeah, just liability on the Neon. This is with Progressive.

Archived