LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Tune?

I just bought a invidia upipe, CNT downpipe and an SPT CBE :icon_bigg. Also, I'm considering getting a custom dyno tune, im wondering what kind of numbers i will be looking at and if i should invest in a CAI?:confused:

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

^^ I think he means WHP, not HP.

I've seen stage 2 tuned cars make about 250 whp with similar mods, so yeah.

CAI: Most people here seem to think it's not worth your time/money. The stock airbox flows pretty well. A K&N filter, however, would be a worthwhile investment!

If you're doing the uppipe, I would recommend you consider buying headers to go along with that. (you have to take off at least one side of headers, and you're upgrading everything else, may as well get some nice EL headers!)

IMO, keep the stock intake, go with a Parrin or K&N type drop in pannel filter. I use the K&N cleaning kit on my Parrin filter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

personally i stay away from oiled filters because they can clog your MAF up. The stock intake is good till about 400whp, my buddy ran a 18G and it was perfectly fine. I put down 230whp/253wtq on a road tune stg2 but that was intake temps at like 140+, so add about 10-15 on top during cooler climates.

From everything I've seen, cars at stage-2 with catted DP's, 3" cbe's and aftermarket TMIC's make in the 250-260whp range with 300-315tq.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

To: HCF

I live in the land of the amish so i have to travel a bit to Dover/New Philadelphia to get tuned. A friend of mine went to school with this guy im getting the tune from,so thats my connection. He's legit but im not sure if its an official business yet.

I was dynoed with the following mods: K&N drop in filter, Cobb catless up pipe, Perrin catless down pipe, Magnaflow cbe, and put down 261.35whp@303ft/lbs at 17.7psi. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that works out to 305hp at the crank. Typically I believe a decent stage 2 tune will get you in the 250-269 range depending on who does it, amount of boost, a/f ratio, and weather conditions that day. Good luck man, let us know what you get.

Archived