LegacyGT.com

New wheels for 08 spec.b

Malone75

I was thinking bout getting some new wheels for my car. I like the ROTA gravels, formula mesh. torque, tarmac 3 and prodrive gt1. And I know that the gravels are 8x8.5 and was wondering if those are gonna look crazy on my car. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Oh and after I get some more cash I want to do a brembo brake kit.

On a (sort of) related subject, where is the best place to find a good home to three Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 215/45R-18 (original equipment) tires I just had to take off my 2008 Spec B? The fourth one was worn out due to an alignment problem, so I changed over to all season tires (Goodyear Eagle GT's) for the NJ winter. I will probably leave the Eagles on come spring, so these three tires are surplus. Good tread (I can send anyone interested the relevant tread depth readings), no damage. I don't want much for them, say $50 each. I thought about trying Ebay, but they are a pretty specialized size. Any suggestions?

Bob

Thankfully, that's all your post is worth in value too.

Rotas are fine.

LOL. I have Rota DPT's. Yes it appears they copy designs from WORK and VOLK but they are cheap, I like them and you can't beat them for the $$$.

Brembo swap? Make sure you buy an offset that clears them. Mine are +48 and they clear.

I hit a dip (old pavement to new pavement) on the Merritt in CT (rt 15) with my Rota Tarmacs at 70 mph. I just knew I bent one or both front rims but they held up along with driving on crappy city roads. I believe the 225 sidewalls helped.

You can't beat Rotas for the price. I got a mint set used for $300 about a year ago.

You can bend/crack $500 rims if you hit a pothole at high speeds with low profile tires.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Thankfully, that's all your post is worth in value too.

Rotas are fine.

ouch. I have heard from alot of people that this is there dislikes about them that they are heavy and they damage. no need for the sarcasm.:lol:

back to topic

what about BBS?

225 is the width, not the sidewall. your sidewall is probably a 40 or 45 on 18s

You're right. 45 is the ratio of the shoulder height to width (see below).

Therefore, the 215/45/17 (stock) would have probably done me in because this would have given me a shorter sidewall as opposed to the wider/taller 225/45/17.

215 x .45 = 96.75mm (stock sidewall)

225 x .45 = 101.25mm (wider and taller)

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived