LegacyGT.com

How much money did you really put into your legacy?

Let's see. Stage 2 brought me up to about 4500 bucks. Did suspension, brakes, turbo back, intake, access port.

cobb ss catback exhaust, $1100

invidia catted downpipe for 5eat: $750

cobb accessport $550

cobb SF airbox stage 2 $300

cobb stage 2 suspension kit: $500 IIRC

stoptech stage 2 rotors with steel lines, hawk pads, IIRC: 500?

motul fluids swapped in and some dealership labor, misc accessory parts: just about 800

BLOWN MOTOR from stage 2: (paid half with subaru) $4000 after all the work and parts

BLOWN TURBO from dealership not flushing the oil out of the turbo, not covered by warrantee: (VF-52) $650

TUNES and RETUNES from Agile Automotive in Maryland: $800

Fuel upgrade: 08 STi fuel pump, 770dw injectors: $450

Future upgrades to do:

COBB XSF (I think) bypass valve: $300

PERRIN TMIC: $850

Retune again because I simply don't trust what Agile did anymore: $250 ish.

probably $11000+ in 2 years

Edited by Soda Popinski

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see. Stage 2 brought me up to about 4500 bucks. Did suspension, brakes, turbo back, intake, access port.

cobb ss catback exhaust, $1100

invidia catted downpipe for 5eat: $750

cobb accessport $550

cobb SF airbox stage 2 $300

cobb stage 2 suspension kit: $500 IIRC

stoptech stage 2 rotors with steel lines, hawk pads, IIRC: 500?

motul fluids swapped in and some dealership labor, misc accessory parts: just about 800

BLOWN MOTOR from stage 2: (paid half with subaru) $4000 after all the work and parts

BLOWN TURBO from dealership not flushing the oil out of the turbo, not covered by warrantee: (VF-52) $650

TUNES and RETUNES from Agile Automotive in Maryland: $800

Fuel upgrade: 08 STi fuel pump, 770dw injectors: $450

Future upgrades to do:

COBB XSF (I think) bypass valve: $300

PERRIN TMIC: $850

Retune again because I simply don't trust what Agile did anymore: $250 ish.

probably $11000+ in 2 years

Why the distrust in Agile? I have known them for years and nroamlly hear nothing but good things about them. And since they might end up tuning my car... Id LOvE to know.

Well I ahve had my outback xt for 4 weeks now and as it stand so far:

HID low beams and fogs-------$100

Good old Hogzawst washers----$2

Spare key/remote-------------$170

Jazzy AUX in------------------$80

Cobb accessport--------------$600

Legacy suspension------------$200

Total-------------------------$1152 AHHHHH

And only after 3 whole weeks. I'm gonna be in some trouble here real soon and I already know im going to keep spending

Holy shit man you got ripped off on your tint job. $300 for tint is 2x more than it should cost. You can get all 5 windows (2 front, 2 rear, 1 rear) for around $150 all over the place in California.

20% is a no-no in VA so I likely got charged more because of that.

Why the distrust in Agile? I have known them for years and nroamlly hear nothing but good things about them. And since they might end up tuning my car... Id LOvE to know.

From the get-go, I was told by agile that you can't tune a 5EAT because of the slippage. Thus, in any of my tunes, I was never given a hard number for performance. only an "around" number. It's "around 275-285ish". that kind of thing.

When asking about the TMIC/FMIC question, I was told that perrin/avo were all bling and the stock is the most efficient.

When cleaning my engine bay for a car show one day, I found all kinds of tool marks, broken plastic, missing popits, stripped bolt heads, missing bolts, missing panels (in the undertray), the left wheel well skirt installed OVER the fender and the right wheel well skirt under it. The undertray installed wrong, the tune failing on the way home... 8+ hours each visit because other customers cars took longer, so I just sat in the waiting room all day... the exit hose on my TMIC was crammed on and cranked down, krimping the gasket under the worm gear. the gasket itself was cut and sliced almost in half, the "sucking noise" that sounded like a balloon squeeking that i HEARD on the way home from my 4th tune, I Was told it was the fuel pump, and to rectify the boost creep/fuel cut they just turned the tune down from 18 to 17psi without diagnostics. Driving 2 months in limp node/no boost during a tuning issue.

I've had other places look at the car's performance since then, and everyone has told me the car is tuned way to rich and is wasting gas. (I'm waiting because I just got hired after 7 months, and I'll get a perrin tmic).

I have never had someone there simply say "I don't know" when faced with a new problem. I get the run-around off-the-cuff bullsh*t answers.

I've never felt like a priority when I was there. Locals would walk in and out of the store while I was there trying to buy parts, or get advice and was always told to wait while they chatted, with me standing there with money in hand. Prime example was once I brought the car in for 8 am to have a fuel pump / injector install, and tune. I didn't leave until closing time, and that's when the car failed on the way home. The reason for the long install? A customer unexpectedly showed up after missing a previous appointment and they wanted to fit him in, so they bumped me back.

I'd say if you have anything other than a STi, a WRX or a Legacy with a MT... stay away. Even if you DO have those, check the work with a fine tooth comb. I've found more missing/scratched/cut/broken parts that makes me feel it would have been worth it to learn to install it/buy the parts myself.

And I never got that satisfied customer feel. Always a "thanks for the money... next!" feeling. just a number.

CX Racing catback exhaust- $400

Invidia dp- $350

Invidia uppipe- $200

Cobb AP- $650

Prosport Boost Gauge- $35

Autometer Pod- $15

Momo Shift Knob- $55

Perrin STS- $80

Perrin Shifter bushings- $40

Cobb exhaust hangers- $20

Tein lowering springs- $250

New struts- $400

HID kit- $180

VF39- $350

XO2 Racing FMIC- $350

Drag wheels- $450

Sunny tires- $400

tuner lugs- $40

Front&Rear strut braces- $60

Jazzy ipod interface- $50

JDM TGV deletes- $200

Perrin Big MAF- $250

Nexen winter tires- $450

Catch Can- $20

Borla Headers- $300

EFI Logics Tune- $500

Grand Total- $5745!! :eek: and i still want to spend more but now idk if i want to after seeing that number!

• 7 months later...

Car cost: $2k

Leather seats $200

Rear driveshaft $200

Stereo $120

STI springs/shocks $300

WRX wheels $400

Exhaust repair $120

Still need:

Door gasket : $120

Windshield: $200?

Roof rack : $300

$2k car is never a $2k car.

I just went through receipts while cleaning up to move and stopped at $5700. I was depressed the rest of the day untill I went for a drive....lol

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I love this thread!

I was feeling like a total nutjob when I added up everything including service, and it came to about 10k; and I only bought the car 6 months ago. Now I know I'm in good company (or at least share the same pathology with a bunch of people...)

08 rear conversion - $750

Black carpet - $300

Avo drop in filter - $50

Volt Hids - $120

Weathertechs - $160

Oem silver radio trim - $30

Oem silver shift knob - $30

Tires - $500

HOLLY SHIT!!! And these weren't needs!! My gf was right I love my car wayyy too much! :lol:

Edited by 06LegacyRBP

It's not so much wasting money until you turn around and sell it. We might spend money on stuff, but it holds a certain sentimental value to us :p

So far, I have only $1,000 invested.. but that'll go up in the next few months

Besides for gas, maintenance/wear items, and repairs?

One subwoofer.

One extra set of rims, for the snow tires.

That's it.

(I think the all-weather mats came with the car. If not, then add them to the list.)

I probably would have installed an aftermarket stereo system, if it weren't such a royal PITA to do with this car....

Edited by biturbowagon
Additional info.

im reaching the range of $7000 +/- a couple, less maintenance costs

Same. Around $7500 the last time I checked. Doesnt help I started to piece together a stage 3 setup.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Well, the car was 32k.

Full stage 2.5 setup, ipt valve body, efi logics tune, and a summer set, along with tons of carbon fiber and audio, I am somewhere near the 10k range. I'd rather not add up everything b/c I really don't want to know my spending habits. lol

Same. Around $7500 the last time I checked. Doesnt help I started to piece together a stage 3 setup.

im $2k paid into a built motor, and with the parts list im looking at for a complete build, upwards of $15k to go. IM SO F'ED:spin: