LegacyGT.com

OMG! FlatironsTuning Track Days.

enthusiast

I would love to go, but not with my ride on the track;) I'm too much of a pansy to do the track day, my car will only have upgraded brakes, and an sti strut bar, not enough suspension mods that I would feel comfortable pushing my car in the turns.

I would be down to watch and would be even more interested in learning on how to tune my ride from someone with experience, if you guys are ever planning on getting together for a tuning day, let me know, I would love to be there for the tutorial.;) I'm off to DC for the week, I will catch you guys on the flip side.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick the first session is more of a school than a real track day. You will have lessons and get to practice what you learned out on the track. They split the class up into 3 groups (beginner, intermediate, and aggressive).

There were bone stock cars there last time. You should give it a try it is a lot of fun.

As far as tuning I have been thinking of seeing if anyone is interested in getting together (small groups) and learning about tuning. First time would just cover the basics about the software itself and then have another one and so on.

As far as tuning I have been thinking of seeing if anyone is interested in getting together (small groups) and learning about tuning. First time would just cover the basics about the software itself and then have another one and so on.

I would be interested in this.:cool:

and Ted, I'm gonna do some research on the KW's, and shop around to some vendors on the site - see who can hook it up!:)

brian

Nick the first session is more of a school than a real track day. You will have lessons and get to practice what you learned out on the track. They split the class up into 3 groups (beginner, intermediate, and aggressive).

I'm really psyched about this. I'll definitely be in the beginner group.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I actually went in the intermediate group last time...

The beginners were so slow, at times they were dangerous, and the advanced were out to kill each other.

I am somewhere in between :lol:

Really? Was it your first time going? I might consider trying the intermediate if it's an option... I definitely want instruction "from the beginning" though.

My '05 LGT

I would second Ted's opinion. I went intermediate last time and had no problems but I have tracked before. I am thinking about trying the aggressive this time (at least once). :icon_twis

Ted your car is certainly in the upper category though. :lol: I am hoping that you will try one time out in the aggressive camp. ;)

Not my first time at a track day, but it was the first time in the wagon.

We can go out for a drive and figure out in the Mtns which group you should be in :lol:

I don't need to run in the aggressive group. There were 300+ whp cars in the intermediate group, and the guys in the agressive group cared more about beating each other, and less about having fun and staying safe IMHO...

:spin:

Not my first time at a track day, but it was the first time in the wagon.

We can go out for a drive and figure out in the Mtns which group you should be in :lol:

I don't need to run in the aggressive group. There were 300+ whp cars in the intermediate group, and the guys in the agressive group cared more about beating each other, and less about having fun and staying safe IMHO...

I think the drive in the mountains would be a good idea. I was thinking about doing the intermediate group, although i have never tracked before. I am somewhat of an aggreasive racer at heart (race dirbikes all my life), i just need to make sure my car is up to the task.

I know I got an e-mail today from Jon at Flatirons, he said he will be periodically sending out emails to keep us updated. However for us that are going, and aren't too sure what a good set-up would be (really we could run stock if we wanted, but who wants to do that!) to post it here and hopefully some of the technically astute peeps can help us out!!

on that note Ted, I will be checking out the Tarmac's and KW's... but to me coilovers seem like overkill. It would be nice in the winter time to raise them up, but would that be the only advantage for someone like me who doesn't really plan on tracking all the time? (maybe once/twice a year really...) I don't mind a rough ride, but feel like I'm too dumb when it comes to the complexities of coilovers! :)

and brett - ^ you nasty!

brian

I currently have the stock suspension setup, but would like to upgrade.

My plans include:

H Tein springs

Hawk HPS pads

New tires (preferably all seasons, What is a good tire?)

Not Sure if i will be able to get all this done by august, but maybe. Do you think this would be a good setup? If you could only do one of them which would you do?

My plans include:

H Tein springs

Hawk HPS pads

Not Sure if i will be able to get all this done by august, but maybe. Do you think this would be a good setup? If you could only do one of them which would you do?

if only 1, i'd definitely go tires! it'll improve braking and cornering.

i'm on Falken 912's right now. much better better than re92s, but that's all i have to compare them too on the obxt.

on that note Ted, I will be checking out the Tarmac's and KW's... but to me coilovers seem like overkill. It would be nice in the winter time to raise them up, but would that be the only advantage for someone like me who doesn't really plan on tracking all the time? (maybe once/twice a year really...) I don't mind a rough ride, but feel like I'm too dumb when it comes to the complexities of coilovers! :)
I promise, the KWs actually ride NICER than Bilstiens and Pinks (Or any other springs)

Yet they out perform then. It is quite nice :D

My plans include:

H Tein springs

Hawk HPS pads

Tires and pads...
:spin:

I just bought 225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta MX's on Thursday. I've put about 30 miles on 'em and am liking them so far but I haven't put them through any real challenges yet. I bought them through Discount Tire (special order). And to think my wife thought I accelerated hard out of corners with the snow tires on...

My '05 LGT