LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

I just bought and installed my second leptronix board because I had a problem with the first one but now i am having the same problem with the second so i was wondering if anyone here could help me out since it might be somewhere else. When the aux-in mode is on, the music will only play through the left speakers but when i am listening to the radio and Cd's everything seems to work fine and i can hear sound in all of the speakers. I have tried switching aux cables, mp3 players, and the leptronix boards. I did just notice that if I change the balance to only the right speakers and if i max out the volume of the car radio to 40, I can hear static and the music playing very quietly through the right speakers but u really have to listen for it. I don't know if its the soldering although I have it in the correct spot and I did it two times already. I really want to fix this problem because I was very pleased with the first one I installed until this problem started to come up.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done installing mine last night (ordered mid December), and I'm having the same issue as 05ObpLegacy2.5i above, only there is sound coming from the right speakers, albeit very faint.

edit for clarity: left channel works great, right channel coming in faint. does this under am/fm mode and cd mode. sound is fine when aux is switched off.

Edited by kyrengraves

hey guys, I really don't know what is happening! All units are tested before packaging, so if one channel would have been bad I would have seen it! Are you sure that your audio cables are not defective? Are you sure that the 1/8'' jack is fully inserted in the connector of the module?

I finally solved the problem for the sound only coming from the left side of the car. I had a male to female aux cable running from the Leptronix board to the center console where i would just use a male to male from there. But I wasn't paying attention and made a mistake when i bought the first one, so it ended up being mono and not stereo. Just check the tip at the end of cable and make sure it has 2 black rings(stereo) and not one(mono). I am very pleased with the Leptronix board, the sound is great, and I highly recommend this product. Thank you RedFloyd!

• 4 weeks later...
I've had mine for just about a year now and just want to thank you again for building such a nice piece and including the excellent instructions for installation. I definitely recommend this product to anyone who's looking for an aux in solution for their Subaru.

Okay i got mine, but how do i hook the apple i pod up to it?

This is well explained in the first post and in the installation manual. However, at a miminum, you need this type of audio cable (3.5mm stereo male/male)

http://www.techronics.com/images/products/11136.jpg

You may also use device that recharges the ipod at the same time, but that is up to you!