LegacyGT.com

JDM suspension noise after install

morrisok

I had a local reputable shop install a set of JDM GT Rev.A/ JDM OEM spring setup on my car this last Sat.

Sunday night I noticed that I have a couple of different noises from front that I started to hear at low speed or when I get on it from a standstill. One of the them sounds if it is coming from either spring like there not seated/are loose and the other noise sounds if top hats are rattling. Could the bolt at the top of the strut/tophat is loose? They were pre assembled and look damn near brand new (sold as having 5k km)

I also noticed that the top hats themselves don't sit in the center of the strut tower cutouts. Almost as if the circumference of the top hats is a bit smaller than the cutouts. I will call you this week.

I also noticed that there is 3 or 4 rectangular shaped seats on the underside of the strut tower cutouts (or they could be were the metal is stamped together) that the tophats appear should be seated in. If they weren't seated correctly I assume this rattling/squeek could occur?

My 2 previous JDM takeoffs SpecB Rev.A/Pinks / JDM GT Rev.C didnt make any of these noises.

I also have f/r Cusco sways with stock endlinks that have been on for past 2 years with no issues.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Keith

Archived