LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in USDM 08-09 rear bumper vents?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im also in.

1.Imprezing04

2. Deadzep

3. mk6933

4. DPsubie

5. Biggu

6. Squiden

7. Scottyg7171

8. Underground000

9.W1cked

10.joeblow

11.06LegacyRBP

12.rdhoggattjr

13.SleeperLGT

14.Murphdaddy

15.Schrei Wolf (maybe)

16.1stick3pedals

17.rtbrjason

18.RIPjeep2002

19. monkonmonk

20. Bluewolf

21. skunkworks

22. Bbc84

23. cholmes1

24. biodtl

25. BigNYDog3

26. 300zx2g35

27. yamarider18

28. OBPDemon

29. wpmarky

30. brawline

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Stick with the actual JDM bumper vent for the model. That is what everyone has signed on for...From previous GB threads I think as soon as you ask for opinions or options you can get yourself in to a mess really quickly.

Best,

C.H.

I was thinking that too. Ok. Yeah, I'm going to just keep it how I had originally planned. Thanks man!

Happy to help. This will be a great addition to the exterior mods available if it is able to happen. Is your guy going to make them out of ABS plastic like the JDM ones or some other material?

The intent was supposed to be abs plastic but after some preliminary design, he doesn't think it'll be under 45 if it was all abs.

I told him, majority wants low cost (under 50) and good fitment. Obviously it can't look like s**t but he said his equipment has the capability of making the surface really fine which takes a lot more time and money each or just a decent surface. But he said he is gonna try and do hybrid materials to reduce some cost while still offering a good looking, good fitting, and relatively affordable option. I think he is worried about his overhead. I am going to charge what he charges me. But he thinks his cost alone will be over 45....

I think majority of the ppl who are interested are interested more in the cost rather than the material?am I correct?

So seems like in order of importance:

1) Under 50

2) Looks like the jdm ones

3) Good fitment

4) Reliable material/durability

...Does this seem right?

He is gonna shoot me some options in the next couple days and ill consult with all of u guys what u guys think is best/most important.

Thanks guys

I don't think I agree with that priority. I'm willing to pay more (< $80) to ensure good fitment and reliable materials. While cost is important (as this is completely non-functional), if it looks like crap or doesn't fit right, no one will buy a set. I think people will be willing to pay a little more for quality - at least, I would.

i don't think i agree with that priority. I'm willing to pay more (< $80) to ensure good fitment and reliable materials. While cost is important (as this is completely non-functional), if it looks like crap or doesn't fit right, no one will buy a set. I think people will be willing to pay a little more for quality - at least, i would.

+1

Imprezsing4 thanks for the update. I certainly cannot speak for everyone, but I agree with the latter group of postings and what I believe your original goals were. I want rear bumper vents that are as close to the JDM ones as possible. If the cost is higher that is fine, it will still be cheaper than ordering from Japan and the fitment will be correct.

If you are paying strictly cost and not making any profit with this run I would go for the highest quality and fitment possible. If they look as good as they should (like the JDM postings you made earlier) the future orders will take care of themselves. If that is still an interest of yours.

Thanks for your efforts.

Best,

C.H.

I don't think I agree with that priority. I'm willing to pay more (< $80) to ensure good fitment and reliable materials. While cost is important (as this is completely non-functional), if it looks like crap or doesn't fit right, no one will buy a set. I think people will be willing to pay a little more for quality - at least, I would.

Agreed. I'd definitely be willing to pay more for good quality and fitment.

Thanks guys. Again I'm on business so its hard to coordinate and everything. Haven't been able to get in touch with the guy but I'm checking this thread real quick thru my phone.

The idea to get cost cheaper was maybe to make it out of fiberglass or have the front visible part abs and the back a fiberglass or cheaper material.

Fitment will be based on the accuracy of the dimensions and what the machine is set at. Also, the density and surface texture/and finish is based on time the machine will run and how much material is used. This all effects cost.

So I think it is clear I would get at least 10 ppl interested if it were under 80 but look almost exactly like a jdm set. I was afraid ppl wouldn't be willing to pay that much for vents but it is cheaper than a rear lip for example and makes a huge difference in looks.

Assuming prototypes and inspections are not possible, I would say to go with what looks the best and most JDM. If he believe he can have a fiberglass backing with an ABS shell that would probably be fine visually since that part is under no physical stress. He just needs to insure that every visible angle possible is consistent.

Thanks for keeping tabs on the thread while away...By the way did he ever give you a price for a full ABS set?

I agree with the others. Good fitment is important and it should look like it was a stock piece when the car was sold. Outsiders shouldn't be able to tell it's an aftermarket part. I'm definitely willing to pay more than $50 for a higher quality product.

Assuming prototypes and inspections are not possible, I would say to go with what looks the best and most JDM. If he believe he can have a fiberglass backing with an ABS shell that would probably be fine visually since that part is under no physical stress. He just needs to insure that every visible angle possible is consistent.

Thanks for keeping tabs on the thread while away...By the way did he ever give you a price for a full ABS set?

Prototypes are possible, just every one he makes costs money. My guy is a small company and his capacity is limited. The models didn't come out too great so I may be considering going with a bigger company with more expertise. Problem with his model was also structurally, it wasn't holding together in the right places. Guess the jdm ones have the honeycombs for a reason. That much detail is hard but he is gonna keep trying. If comes next week, I may look at other options/methods/companies.

Talk about a business venture!

Thank you again for all of your efforts. I know everyone here appreciates the work and looks forward to the final product whenever it may come.

Best,

C.H.

+1 thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...