• Winston-Salem
    • Asheville area
    • Boone

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I apologize for not waving to a couple of Leggy drivers here in Asheville. Pulling out or into Ingle's in North Asheville a wagon driver waved (before I found this website) and I just kept on driving. Another black sedan I saw on merrimon ave. Theres just so many subarus here I wan't sure if I knew the person or what, didn't realize it was a legacy thing.

BTW, I apologize for not waving to a couple of Leggy drivers here in Asheville. Pulling out or into Ingle's in North Asheville a wagon driver waved (before I found this website) and I just kept on driving. Another black sedan I saw on merrimon ave. Theres just so many subarus here I wan't sure if I knew the person or what, didn't realize it was a legacy thing.

I think that wagon driver could have been me. Was a little while back, I was pulling out of Ingles... GRP Wagon.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

The other day, I saw a black wagon with tint and i think i twas lowered on I40. Was it anybody from here?

Hell, that may have been me. The P.O. threw away all badges except the 'GT', so that would be a dead giveaway. I did indeed purchase the car from these forums, and it is glorious (still stage 1 though, sorry guys). Speaking of which, I've got some Megan coilovers sitting in a box, ready for install. I want to do it myself because I am a mechanical engineer and I need to know how it all goes together. The problem is that I only theoretically know how it goes together, and I especially don't know how the hell to adjust them properly. I'm in Raleigh, near Umstead park - anyone in the triangle area down for helping a brutha out? I have no relevant tools (except the adjustment wrenches) , but will pay in cash and/or beer and/or whatever else.

:)

edit: 05LGTLtd - you are my car- AND dog-buddy, hooray

Scrambles - over in my neck of the woods there are a few enthusiasts. We had a little meet at the soon to be open johnson subaru 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they are going to try and get together once a month @/or near johnson subaru It was mostly wrx and RS's, a few outbacks and couple of nice foresters, i was the only legacy.

I have everything needed to install coilovers but a large torque wrench, this weekend i'm pretty busy though. I did the springs on my car, would have gone much faster if i had bought the tools needed before the install instead of during. Do you have a garage?

Coilovers should be a whole lot easier than springs since they are preassembled. Well at least they seem like they would be, I would help but I have school and motorcycle races to go to in the next upcoming weekends. We definitely need to have a meet though so I could meet other legacy owners in the area since I don't know any.

I figure I can get them on the car easily enough, but I just don't know specifics, ie torque specifications for the suspension bolts, good default settings for my particular coilovers on the wagon, or even how to adjust them - I literally have zero documentation on any of it. I have searched a shitload on the forums and the MR's seem to be popular, but I feel like I need a manual or something.

sgeorge: I live in a damn townhouse right now, and I bet the HA covenant has some language about not working on cars in the lot. I've got a buddy with a "garage" (driveway and a lot of tools/equipment) but no knowledge of coilovers or my car. :(

I did mine in the parking lot of my townhouse, are your neighbors cool. Really should only take an hour or 2, and i'll dig up the torque specs. i wrote them all down when I did my car.

BTW - were you going down walnut st headed towards crossraods around 1220pm or is there another OBP legacy in town that i have never seen before?

I did mine in the parking lot of my townhouse, are your neighbors cool. Really should only take an hour or 2, and i'll dig up the torque specs. i wrote them all down when I did my car.

BTW - were you going down walnut st headed towards crossraods around 1220pm or is there another OBP legacy in town that i have never seen before?

The torque specs would help a lot, thanks dude.

There is another black wagon that consistently drives 15 over on the highway, I see it all the time on my way to work in Cary; it's got a green specialty license plate. It passed me this morning, I was all ready to flash some sort of brotherly hand signal but I don't think the favor would have been returned. I was however down at crossroads that time on friday though.

My office is over behind crossroads. About once a month i see another legacy. That is the first time i have seen that OBP lgt wagon with the specialty plate though. There is a ABP 2.5i over at NC State and a regal blue 2.5i over in preston. The owners have never acknowledge me when i wave or flash headlights..

No idea how I missed this thread.

That's got all the torque specs and everything, I think I'm doing the install tomorrow with a buddy. My tires and front pads are at about 5%, and I'm doing those too. It will be a whole new car, and I am excited as hell. It's just hilarious how well it still handles, even in the rain, with no tread on the tires.

Where in Raleigh are you? I have a little free time if you need some help

Thanks for the offer, but I did it on saturday with a buddy. Took about 6 hours to get the things on, as neither of us had much relevant experience and we had to go out and get a shorter socket for the rear lower bolts because goddamn those things are on there tight. They really wakes up the car though, no more squatting or dipping or rolling or any drama whatsoever. This weekend I get to try my hand at corner balancing, hooray!

Are there ever any meets in Raleigh area? I'm not very knowledgeable yet in terms of technical things (only have a few mods) with the car, but want to learn more and it seems most people do that by just networking with other local LGT owners, etc.

Ive seen meets in western NC, but havent seen any in the Triangle/Raleigh area, although I see an occasional LGT around town.

Are there ever any meets in Raleigh area? I'm not very knowledgeable yet in terms of technical things (only have a few mods) with the car, but want to learn more and it seems most people do that by just networking with other local LGT owners, etc.

Ive seen meets in western NC, but havent seen any in the Triangle/Raleigh area, although I see an occasional LGT around town.

If the weekend is free I would be up for a meet in the Greensboro area. :)

• 2 weeks later...
There was an autocross in Charlotte?
Yes, we had one last Sunday and are having one this Thursday night April 10th, and our 3rd points event on Sunday April 20th and a 12 hour charity autocross on Sat May 3rd. Details at wwwccrscca.com or contact me. Thanks Dave