LegacyGT.com

Replacement for a 05GT 5MT

Well the LGT is tentatively sold but I have yet to make up my mind for my next car which should be a down grade from the legacy. I am currently looking at the 04-07 TSX 6MT, any suggestions? :spin:Looking for a car that's little more easy on gas, I have a kid so 4 seats is essential but does not really need to be 4dr because I also have a Mazda5.

If you are looking for economy + bang for the buck in a sedan, check out a used 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. Very fun to drive stock, and a simple upgrade to hardpipes puts power where it should have been from the factory. Much smaller than the Legacy, but surprisingly roomy.

Unless you go basically brand new with the Civic, you can't get the Si in a sedan. (I know you said you don't need the extra doors, just the extra seats, but IMHO a sedan is SO much more convenient.)

^^^ Might be almost $0.03, but I'm feeling generous. ;)

I thought Civic Si sedan insurance would be less than a TSX; wouldnt the TSX have a higher rate considering its a premium car?

Either car would be a good choice though. I'd think the TSX would have more modding potential though, and could potentially handle better than the Civic Si since its got double wishbone.

Acura TSX's get mid 25's at best. Of course someone will chime in 30MPG+ on highway. So what a LGT gets 28MPG too if you drive 55-60MPH on the highway. Honda Civic SI is no better.

Are you looking for a mere change in MPG or a signifcant increase? I will say the Saab 93 Linear with manual transmission get great fuel economy. It is a turbo car but tuned for economy not performance.

If fuel consumption is a primary factor in switching cars, why not look into the new VW Jetta Diesels?

+1

4-door Civis SI is rated at 21 town and 29 hwy. Not that much better than the GT Legacy. Nice cars but not in the same category as the Legacy.

Archived